вє αn αѕѕнσℓє

CHAPTER 8

    [ Calvin ]

I wasn't sure what time it was when I woke up, but I knew for certain I didn't like the position I was currently in. Derek's full body was stretched along the couch, while I was forced into the corner of the three-seater with his feet pressed up against my face. We had fallen asleep somewhere in the middle of the movie and I knew I should've ditched the couch for my comfy bed upstairs, but part of me wanted to stay.

After all, it had been such a long time since Derek and I fell asleep on the couch after a long night of action movies and pizza.

I tried to lift Derek's legs off me, but his body was ten times heavier when he was asleep. I must have fought with his legs for a full minute, before I let out a defeated sigh. "Derek," I called out, in which he responded with a low groan, "get your smelly feet out of my face."

He let out another groan. "It bothering you?" he mumbled between his groans.

"Yes, it's bothering me," I replied coolly. "Your feet smell like a compost pile!"

Derek didn't reply for a long while, but for some reason, I knew he was smiling. "Good," he said just as he pressed his feet further into my cheek. I fought against him, trying to push him away, but I failed miserably. "Suck my toe."

He wiggled his toes in front of my face, feeling around for my mouth. I turned away and continued to fight his advancing feet. "That's gross!"

Derek was fully awake now as he lifted himself on his elbows and stared back at me with those mocking ocean blue eyes of his. A devious smirk curved his lips when he scooted down the couch to put forth more effort into the continuous torture of my face. I shrieked in pure horror, but Derek only found it to be highly amusing. "You suck dicks," he noted, "what's the difference?"

On any other circumstance, I would have been massively offended by Derek's jabs at my sexuality, but I never seemed to be all that bothered when the words came from his mouth. Nothing that came from his mouth would offend me, especially since I had heard much worse. To this day, Derek had yet to call me a faggot, while my bullies threw it around loosely without having a single remorse.

When I didn't react to his comment, Derek pulled his feet away from me and planted them on the floor. His gaze flicked to the open boxes of pizza on the floor and he ended up grabbing a slice of cold pizza and stuck it into his mouth. He chewed loud and obnoxiously with his mouth open, a habit of his, then finally said, "This was fun."

My brow quirked. "Huh?"

"This was fun," he reiterated, gesturing to the pizza boxes this time. "We haven't done this in a really long time."

"Yeah," I nodded. "I guess we haven't."

Derek released a heavy sigh and leaned back into the sofa, staring straight ahead as he chowed down the slice of pizza. "I invited Maya over."

"Over?" I perked up in my seat. "Like over here?"

He took another bite of his pizza and I instantly regretted my decision to watch the dough slosh around in his mouth when he talked. He really was a rude eater. "Where else?"

"But, I didn't say-"

"Calm down," he interrupted before I could get my say in, "she's coming over to help you out. Oh, and Mike's coming too."

I could tolerate Maya, but Mike? I wasn't too fond of Derek's friends, and he knew that.

Derek snuck a quick glance at me and as though he was trying to get me to relax, he nudged my side. "But only because he follows Maya around like a lost puppy," he added, "he likes her."