кιѕѕ σтнєr вσуѕ

CHAPTER 34

[ Calvin ]

Something about having a boyfriend who loved me as much as I loved him made my days get a little bit brighter. Now that we had to play by my mom's rules, I only got to see Derek at school and those rare occasions when he would sneak through my bedroom window, so it was pretty safe to say that the shaggy-haired boy quickly became the highlight of my days.

This meant that every minute I spent away from him was nothing but pure torture.

It also didn't help that someone insisted on throwing crumpled pieces of paper at the back of my head, when I was trying to listen to my chemistry teacher's lab instructions.

Letting out a loud irritated groan, I glanced over my shoulder at the culprit, Mike, who had his legs drawn up on the lab table, despite the teacher's constant reprimands. "Can you stop throwing things at me?"

Mike's light colored brows shot up in surprise, like he hasn't expect me to say something. "I'm not throwing things at you," he said quickly with a reassuring nod and I might've believed him if I didn't catch a glimpse of the crumpled piece of paper in his hand. When he realized I wasn't convinced, he smiled. "Oops, must've slipped out of my hands."

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want?"

Almost as though he was waiting for me to ask, he straightened himself in his stool and patted the empty seat next to him. "Be my lab partner," he insisted as he pulled his lips into an unsettling grin.

I pulled my brows together in confusion. "Aren't you usually Shelby's lab partner?"

"Shelby has STD's," he stated blatantly with the slight hint of a grimace playing at his lips. "I'd rather not contract any of that stuff. No hot girl is worth that."

I scanned the room, desperately searching for someone else I could work with. I really didn't want to be paired up with Mike just so he could make fun of me, but I also didn't want to be paired up with talkative Shelby, who just so happened to conveniently contract an STD.

The only other person that didn't have a lab partner was Gina. She was sitting in the far corner of the room by herself, twisting her bracelet around her wrist and staring blankly at the sheet of paper in front of her. If we were still friends, we would've been lab partners with no questions asked, but it was more than obvious that our friendship was over.

Even though I had my faults, what Gina did was completely unacceptable. Friends just don't pretend to be pregnant just so they could ruin their friend's relationship. I still couldn't find a way to forgive her for that.

Sighing, I gathered my books in my arms and pushed off my stool. Mike's grin grew even more menacing as I made my way to him, circling around his lab table and plopping onto the stool next to his. He still hadn't stopped smiling at me even when I got settled and prepared myself to start the lab.

I noticed he was holding both of our lab goggles. Releasing yet another sigh, I snatched a pair from his hands and pulled it over my head. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

He shrugged and rested his chin in the palm of his hand, still upholding the smile. "No reason."

Trying my best to ignore him, I glanced down at the handout that clearly stated the lab procedure and started to read through the steps. I had already started to pour the hydrochloric acid into the beaker when Mike leaned over to me and took a giant whiff.

I snapped to eyes to his. "Mike, what the hell? Why are you smelling me?"

"You smell like Derek," he noted.