Chapter 6

3 months pregnant
*ians pov*
Lucy and I have the 12 week scan today. We have to go to the table read first and then the doctors office. Lucy has started to get a little bump, it's not noticeable to the point that you can tell she's pregnant but it's still there. After the table read I waited in Lucy's dressing room, I was there for about 2 minutes when Lucy walked in. "Hey" she comes over and sits on my lap "hi beautiful" I wrap my arms around her waist and rest my hands on her little bump "you ready to see our little peanut?" I ask her, she smiles at me "I'm so ready" she places her hands over mine "I love you" "I love you too" I kiss her before sitting her next to me so I could get up. I take her hand as she gets up "let's go then babe" I say as we walk out the room.

*Lucys pov*
"Hale" I heard the doctor call. Ian grabs my hand and we follower our doctor, who we met when we came for the first appointment to make sure I actually was pregnant. Dr Gilbert. We go in and I sit on the bed while Ian sits on the chair next to me. "How are you feeling today then Lucy?" She asks with a smile. I smile back "pretty good actually, I've only puked once today opposed to five" I laugh "well that's great, you'll have good days and bad days but ultimately the morning sickness won't stop until at least 6 months" she tells me "that sucks" I look at Ian "well looks like you've still got a while of holding my hair then" I hit his arm playfully "yay" he says sarcastically as he grins at me. "Well should we have a look at the baby then?" Ian and I nod. I lay down on the bed and roll up my shirt exposing my slightly swollen stomach "Ian would you like to spread the gel?" Dr Gilbert asks "sure" she hands him the bottle and he squirts the cold gel on my belly, smiling at me timidly. The doctor takes the stick and presses it on my stomach. "So if you look over here" she points to the blob on the screen "this is the head, arms, hands" I look at Ian who is staring at the screen in awe "here are the legs and feet" she says "wow, it's so small" I smile at Ian as he reaches over with his free hand to wipe the tears from my cheeks "it's still to early to tell the gender" I nod and sit up, wiping the gel off my belly "if you come back in 3 weeks, we can take another look. Any other problems or worries just give me a call. I'm just going to grab your prints while you get cleaned up" she says "thanks doc" Ian says helping me off the bed "hey you know I don't have a big bump yet, I can get up" I tell him, laughing "love you" he kisses me and I laugh again shaking my head "love you too" I say as Dr Gilbert walks back in and hands us our prints "thankyou" I say taking them "okay babe we better get to work, we're gonna be late" Ian says taking my hand "bye, see you in 3 weeks" I say as we leave the room.