The Cellar (27) Epilogue

Start from the beginning

I grabbed his hand and pulled him out of my room. “Yeah Mum.”

She smiled at me sadly, knowing why it took me so long to answer. “We’re going out now so we’ll see you when we get back.”

“Okay, have a good night.” She tells me where she’s going all the time. Mum and Dad left telling Lewis to stay with me all the time, I wasn’t supposed to hear but my Dad can’t whisper!

Tonight was Ethan’s birthday, he was having a party at the social club and I wanted to go, I wanted to try being a normal teenager again. Tonight would be the first time I would have gone out since I got back, it was also the first time I would see Maria too, she emailed a few times telling me how sorry she was and how guilty she felt. She wanted to come but my parents were still angry with her, I wasn’t though, it wasn’t her fault.

“Are you sure you want to go?” Lewis asked again, watching me put on my make-up.

I turned around and looked at him, “I’m sure and you’ll be there too so I’ll be fine.” I turned back, scowling at myself when I realised I’d done my make-up how Clover liked, I quickly added more eyeliner and pushed all thoughts of him out of my head, I wanted to enjoy tonight not spent it crying like every other night.

Lewis came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist making me feel instantly safe. I smiled and pressed my back into his chest as he kissed my shoulder working his way up my neck. My body still reacted to his touch in the same way it always did, my heart beat faster, goosebumps erupt over my skin and I get butterflies. His hands wondered lower down my legs and he moaned against my neck, I could feel him getting aroused and I didn’t understand how he could want me.

I pulled away from him feeling a little uncomfortable. “Sorry,” I mumbled under my breath, looking away embarrassed.

He cupped my chin and pulled my head up to look at him. “I told you not apologise. I can wait as long as you need, I promise, I’m not going anywhere Sum.”

I took a deep and prepared myself to tell him the real reason I couldn’t go any further. “It’s not that I don’t want to, I...”

“You what?” he prompted.

“I don’t understand why you want to.”

He frowned in confusion, “What? Summer, I’ve wanted you for years why would I stop wanting you n-” He stopped talking as he realised why and pulled me back into his arms. “I hate what he did to you, I would kill him if I got the chance but it hasn’t changed how I feel about you. You’re still perfect to me, same as you’ve always been. If you need more time I understand and I’ll wait as long as you want, we don’t have to do it ever again if you don’t want, but don’t just wait for me. I love you and I want you.” He sounded so sincere and I didn’t doubt him at all but I still couldn’t understand it. I smiled as he wiped away my tears. “You wanna get ready for the party?” I bit my lip and shook my head, pressing my body against his harder.

I could feel his breath on my face. He looked as nervous as I felt. “I want to, if you’re sure.”

He smiled and stroked my face; staring into my eyes and making me feel weightless. “I love you,” he mumbled against my lips as he kissed me tenderly. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back as he picked me up and laid us down on the bed.

At first I was scared that I would freeze up or images of Clover would flash through my mind but as Lewis slowly undressed me and caressed my skin all I could think of was how much I loved him. His lips never left mine as our bodies moved together. He made me feel like Summer again for the first time in ten months.