Chapter 17

*Tré's POV*
Adrienne just stared at her husband blankly after he told her everything. "I... I need to sit down," she said finally, making her way to the nearest chair. "If it makes you feel better, I'll go" I offered, feeling the need to run as far away as I could. "No," Adrienne said softly, "you don't have to."

To my surprise, she seemed to be taking this quite well. "Adrienne, I'm so sorry, please you have to forgive me..." Billie pleaded, close to tears. "Billie Joe," She said, looking up. A faint smile was on her lips. "It's fine. You seem happy with Tre. Besides," she said, getting up and walking up to the singer. "I've always known you and Tre had something we could never have had" her words made my heart skip a beat. Did she really mean that?? I thought to myself.

Billie looked at me then back at Adrienne, then me again. He took a step back and sat on the edge of the bed. To my horror I realized what was happening: He's choosing between us.
----
*Billie Joe's POV*
"You mean to tell me that you guys did the do?" Mike breathed, his eyes grew wide with disbelief. Mike and I sat in his living room having some coffee. It was about five days sense the whole indecent with Adrienne. I shrugged, but the moment I did, I felt guilty like I came off as not caring what happened that night. I did care. And what happened that night was the one of the most beautiful things that has happened to me.

Mike leaned back in his chair and watched me from across the table. He sipped his third or fourth cup of coffee with a thoughtful look in his eyes. You'd be surprised how much fucking coffee that man drinks and how much he likes it. I mean, he should have a shirt that says "take my coffee, I'll take your soul" or some shit, y'know?

"So you really like Tre, don't you," he said, breaking the beginning of an awkward silence. "I do..." I murmured, half to myself. "Well what are you gonna do? What about, like, Adrienne?" The bassist asked. I know why he didn't mention Joey or Jakob, they weren't an issue, they had their own lives to deal with. "I think I want to put it behind me," I acknowledged, feeling a bit of heartache creep up. "I'm with Adrienne..." I closed my eyes,

"Not Tre..."