Chapter 9

*Billie Joe's POV*
Time seemed to slow.
Tre leaned in to whisper something into my ear.
"Billie," he whispered. My heart began to pound in my chest and his is lips were practically touching my ear.  
"I need to tell you something,"
My breath became shaky and I felt his hands let go of me.
"Mike ran out of coffee,"
"What?"
"I said: Mike ran out of coffee," Tre repeated, taking a step backwards.
Mike popped his head out the door.
"There's no more coffee, damnit."
I just stood there, dumbfound.
"But, seriously," Tre said, looking at me. "You okay?"
I rubbed my throbbing head and began to tell the drummer and the bass player what happened.
"I just don't know what to do anymore.." I finished.
"I can't lose Adrienne,"
Just as the words came out of my mouth, I realized that that wasn't just the problem. That wasn't why I felt so heartbroken and confused.
I need to confess to Tre. I thought to myself, Even if he rejects me, I still need to tell him.
The drummer smirked, "well, I best be outta here," throwing a hand up and waving it as he walked back into the house. Just as he was inside, Mike gestured with his head to me,
go get 'em He mouthed.
I took a deep breath and fallowed Tre inside. He just closed the front door if my house. I opened it and nearly sprinted a couple feet towards him. I grabbed his arm, "Tre, wait!"
The drummer turned around and grinned. "Oh, couldn't let me go just yet, eh?" He joked.
"Tre I really need to tell you something.." I said, gathering up my strength and the right words.
"Yeah?" Frank turned his body towards me as we both stood on the patio out side my house.
"Tre... Remember when we first met?"
"Heh, yeah.."
"Remember how dorky you were?" I laughed
Tre rubbed the back of his neck, "how could I not? You weren't much different, haha!"
"Remember how Mike and I needed a drummer and you just so happened to be there.." What am I trying to say here??
"Billie..?" Tre's voice was filled with unsureness.
I'm not ready to tell him. I thought to myself, I need more time... I need more time to think...
"Never mind," I laughed
Tre nodded, "okay, whatever man, I'm just gonna go before things get wired," he joked and got into his car.

As I watched him pull out of my drive way, I could feel rain on my skin. I looked up at the grey sky and sighed loudly. Before long, I was standing in the pouring rain, "damnit, Billie, you fucking fool" I said to myself and turned around and made my way back inside.