Chapter 13 ~ The Question of Love and Music

Yugi sat one his bed staring up at the ceiling. Yami had walked him home after dinner and with a kiss on the cheek he left. Yugi remembered what Yami had said about the tournament. He felt a little scared that that was the last time he would see Yami, but he knew he still had two weeks.

  I. Love. You. It seems so easy. Three little words, barely takes two seconds to say. Of course, if you really mean it, you take your time. How can those little words hold so much meaning?

  Yugi picked up his ipod and put it on shuffle. The first song that comes up is Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. He didn't remember having that song on his ipod. He looks at the ipod again and realizes- it's Yami's.

  Yugi searched through the list and found love song after love song. He found Animal by Neon Trees, the song he had sung at the arcade when they did karaoke, and he found One Love by Blue, the song they had sung together. Deer in the Headlights and Honey and the Bee by Owl City, the two songs they had once sung while on their walk to their first real date.

  Yugi rememebered telling Yami "I love you" that night.

  Yugi threw the ipod aside and stared back up at the ceiling. He kept looking at the ipod then he decided to keep snooping through. He randomly flipped through the songs on shuffle, most of them were love songs, but he found a few songs that were sad and didn't seem to fit Yami.

  It's Not Over by Draughty, Scars by Papa Roach, My Paper Heart by The All-American Rejects, What is love by Never Shout Never, You could be Happy by Snow Patrol, and Use Somebody by Kings of Leon were a few love songs that made me feel a little bad, like they were how he felt about Yugi and him.

  But all the songs Yugi knew he felt were about him. They say that you can tell a lot about a person just from the music they listen to. All Yami would ever sing, all the songs on his ipod were love songs. He loved Yugi. But did he love him back was the question.

  Yugi flipped through a few songs and found a few that a girl would usually listen to, like Teenage Dream and Firework by Katy Perry and Bubbly by by Colbie Callat. Yugi remembered when Yami had sung that to him. He looked through a few more songs and found Everything You Want by Vertical Horizon.

  Yugi had never listened to that song so he decided to listen to it, curious.

Somewhere there's speaking, it's already coming in

Oh and it's rising at the back of your mind

You never could get it, unless you were fed it

Now you're here and you don't know why

But under skinned knees and the skid marks

Past the places where you used to learn

You howl and listen, listen and wait for the

Echoes of angels who won't return

He's everything you want, he's everything you need, he's everything inside of you that you wish you could be, he says all the right things at exactly the right time, but he means nothing to you and you don't know why

You're waiting for someone To put you together

You're waiting for someone to push you away

There's always another wound to discover

There's always something more you wish he'd say

He's everything you want, he's everything you need, he's everything inside of you that you wish you could be, he says all the right things at exactly the right time, but he means nothing to you and you don't know why

But you'll just sit tight, and watch it unwind

It's only what you're asking for

And you'll be just fine, with all of your time

It's only what you're waiting for

Out of the island, into the highway

Past the places where you might have turned

You never did notice, but you still hide away

The anger of angels who won't return

He's everything you want, he's everything you need, he's everything inside of you that you wish you could be, he says all the right things at exactly the right time, but he means nothing to you and you don't know why

I am everything you want, I am everything you need, I am everything inside of you that you wish you could be, I say all the right things at exactly the right time, but I mean nothing to you and I don't know why

And I don't know

Why

I don't know...

  After listening to the song Yugi stared at the ipod as it went to the next song, Yellow by Snow Patrol. "You do mean something to me." he said as if Yami were standing right infront of him, then sighed and looked at the floor, "I just don't know what yet."

  Yugi finished listening to Yellow then turned off the ipod with a little smile but frown on his face. Everything you Want had made him sad, but Yellow was very sweet

  After laying down under his blankets and getting comfortable he realized something. He may not say it to anybody, but the word love doesn't hurt him anymore. Just the feeling. Yugi wished with all his heart he could accept it and just tell him already. But he still wasn't ready enough for that yet.

   Everyone always asked why he was so uncomfortable with this feeling of love. But every time he'd try to tell people why, it made his heart hurt and he couldn't take it. Of course Yugi had told his friends, but it had taken a WHILE to build up THAT strength, He may not be able to tell Yami in time....

  'Why does that thought hurt so badly? The guy kissed me on our second meeting after he took my title of Duel Monster's Champ and he doesn't even care about the title, he won't leave me alone and he has annoying friends who seem to spend all their time bugging me.' Yugi thought.

  'Well he is....handsome...and he can be sweet...and the way our hands fit together, his deep voice, his intoxicating scent, the way he can talk to me for hours and we'll never run out of things to say. How he'll always kiss me on the cheek before leaving, how he'd walk me home after every date, how he had told his parents about us for me, all the things he had ever done for me. How he loves me...' Yugi thought. He realized his like list was longer than his dislikes.

  Yugi sighed and he screamed at his mind, 'IT'S TIME TO SLEEP' yet he ended up thinking of Yami the rest of the night anyway.

The next day:

  Yugi woke up with Yami laying next to him. Here we go again.