Chapter 9 ~ Working it out

Just as Yugi was about to yell at him, Yami put a hand over Yugi's mouth, "Yugi, shh, what will your grandfather think if he discovers I'm in your room?"

Yugi pryed Yami's hand off his mouth, "You're disgusting."

"Hey, I didn't actually think about...that...um, you're a really good kisser?" Yami said, trying desperately to change the subject.

Yugi blushed hard, "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Oh, I told my mom...and well...she was a bitch and sent me to my room...and I couldn't sleep so I came to visit you and you looked so cute sleeping...I didn't want to wake you up...and I sorta fell asleep..." Yami slowly explained.

Yugi blushed harder, "Well get out before my grandpa finds you here."

Yami sighed, "Can I say I love you yet?" Yugi shook his head. "Fine. I really like you Yugi. I hope you know that already." Yami said, kissing Yugi on the cheek, getting out of bed and hopping out the window.

Yugi realized, his room was on the second floor....he quickly got up and ran to the window. Wow Yami landed at the bottom without a scratch and ran and hopped the fence without breaking a sweat. Yugi probably wouldn't even survive the drop from his window. Yugi had to admit, that was kinda hot.

He closed the window and sighed as he decided to get dressed.

"Well, since it's Sunday, I guess I have one last day to hangout with friends before I have to go to school..." Yugi said to himself after getting dressed. He looked over at his cellphone, thinking of who he should call. He immediately shook his head as he thought he should call Yami. No, not after what had just happened. Joey sounded like a good person to call.

Yami snuck back into his room through the window. He closed it behind him and put the blinds back down and closed them. He didn't realize until he turned around, that his parents were in the room waiting for him to return.

"Uh...I can explain?" Yami said awkwardly.

"You won't do any explaining, from now on you go home straight from school and you may have no contact to anyone." Yami's father stated.

Yami's heart dropped and he swallowed hard. "That's not fair." he said coldly, emotionlessly while glaring at his parents. His fists clenched, "That's not fair."

"Please don't blow up again Yami..." Yami's mother said weakly, her face was tear-stained.

Yami stared at her, he'd never seen her look so sad or weak. Then he remembered blowing up at her yesterday. Shit....that meant his dad wass probably pissed.
He stared at his mother for a moment and he suddenly felt drainedand weak. They had taken everything out of him. He tried so hard and to them it never meant anything. He was nothing more than a disappointment.

"I'm sorry." Yami had never really meant that he was sorry, usually he was forced to say he was sorry...but it leaked out of him. He felt helpless and defeated and it was all he could say. No amount of rebellion and anger could ever solve anything.

His parents stared at him. They knew they usually had to choke the apology out of him. What happened? He used to be so unhappy all the time...and all uptight and lately he'd been coming home smiling, not enjoying being home, but a lot less unhappy and stressed out.

"What happened to you Yami?" Yami's father asked.

Yami sighed, "I met someone."

"Yugi?" Yami's mother asked.

Yami nodded, "I know I beat him, so he may not seem the kind of guy I should be even friends with...but....he's just...different. I can't even explain it. Every time he sees me his face lights up, I've never met anyone who I had that effect on...."