Chapter 2 ~ Uncertainty

Yugi was petrified. Yami was kissing him. He didn't know what to think or do. They had just met after all. He never expected him to be serious.

  When Yami finally pulled away Yugi stood there for a moment go over it in his head. "U-u-uh-h..." Yugi stuttered as he stared at Yami. Yami was smiling. Yugi was speechless. He didn't know wether to slap this guy or what.

  Yugi's eyes wandered around to the crowd around them. All of their mouths were agape in shock, some in disgust.

  Yugi blushed furiously and slapped Yami as hard as he could. Yugi had never slapped anyone before. He was too nice to have slapped anyone. Yet, he just did, and it had felt good, Yami was dumbstruck as he held his cheek in pain. He looked at Yugi with pain in his eyes, his cheek still extremely red from the slap he had recieved.

  Realization hit Yugi: He just slapped somebody. He really just slapped somebody, and he felt good about it, he felt good for standing up for himself for once. He smiled, and with his head held high, he walked away, beaming and laughing inside.

  "I just slapped Yami!" Yugi thought, tried to stop the giggles that escaped.

  Yami looked around the room. Everyone booed and yelled at Yami and threw things at him. Yami didn't care. He was completely spaced out. He couldn't believe Yugi had just slapped him, he just couldn't. Even if he tried.

  Yugi walked down the street toward home, feeling proud of himself. Rain began to fall, but Yugi didn't care. He didn't care until he felt arms wrap around him from behind.

  "Get off me." Yugi stated, scowling.

  "But Yugi I-"

  Yugi pushed his arms off him, turned around and scowled at Yami. Yami looked confused into Yugi's eyes, looking as if searching for some sort of explaination.

  Yugi stopped scowling and frowned sadly, Yami was really confused now.

  "I...kind of...liked the kiss....I was just...embarassed..." Yugi mummbled. He could barely admit this to himself, he couldn't believe he was saying it out loud. He was so overwhelmed and confused.

  Yami stared at Yugi and gawked, "Really?"

  Yugi blushed hard, "...yea....now leave me alone." Yugi then walked away.

  "Wait wait wait!" Yami shouted, running after Yugi. Yugi sighed and stopped so Yami could catch up. "Does this mean...?"

   "W-what!? You don't a-actually..."

   "Well if you don't want to be my boyfriend..."

  Yugi blushed and punched Yami in the arm weakly, "I....I don't want to be...your boyfriend...but I guess I...sorta like you...I think. I don't know..."

  Yami looked sideways at Yugi, "...hmmm....strange way of putting tht...fine, we're not boyfriends, if that's not what you want. So just friends with benefits? "Guy"friends?" He had an amused look on his face.

  Yugi was blushing so hard Yami could swear he was as red as a tomato. Yugi stomped on Yami's foot, "Don't tease me! ...fine, we're 'guyfriends' for now..."

  Yami smiled mischeviously, "For now?"

  "Shut up, you know what I mean!" Yugi shouted exasperatedly. He turned and started walking again while Yami tagged along. Yugi tried to ingore him.

  "Hey Yami!" some guy with strange-shaped brown hair yelled, then ran up and wrapped an arm around Yami's neck.

  "Hey Jaden, what's up?" Yami asked.