Unfinished.

"How beautiful it'd have been if I had someone to share my feelings and love with, how beautiful it is to have a best friend...."
Everyone was done with exams, Nila had convinced herself that she can never be friends with Evelyn. Some people are like exhibits in a museum. Beautiful to the eye but their beauty cannot be felt. She sat quietly observing how she had lost connection with all the beautiful things in the past few weeks. Just like the rain that falls suddenly without any warning Evelyn came and sat beside her breaking Nila's reverie. "Hi" said she. "Urmm..h..Hi" Nila managed to mumble loud enough for Evelyn to hear. "Exams were such a trouble rey" Evelyn expressed. She talked as if they were long lost friends who had no one sided heart breaking conversations in the past. "They were okayish" Nila offered as a reply. Evelyn sat with Nila for the rest of the day. "Baby, baby, baby no" Evelyn sang. Nila smiled at her and replied " that's a gay song, Evelyn." They had what would mark their first laughter in their newfound friendship.
.SUMMER BREAK SCENES.
Evelyn, Mia and Nila had regular Facebook chats and posts which kept them connected. It was time for Nila to leave for HYD. She had found her lost smile and happiness in Mia and Evelyn and believed they'd keep her smiling and blissful hereafter. Good things don't last, yes they don't. Evelyn suddenly stopped replying to Nila's messages, they were no tagged posts or notifications. Nila logged in Evelyn's account and found recent chats with Mia. Her heart sank and ached like the very first time. Her head was filled with the disastrous cyclone of questions. "Why is Evelyn doing this? What have I done to earn this? Am I not good enough? Why did she come back when she wanted to leave anyway? Why did I get attached to her when I knew that she was just a temporary illusion of warmness on a cold night? Nila broke down in tears that were heavier than her emotions. She threw her phone vowing never to check anything related to Evelyn ever again. She balled up in the dark room surrounded by her questions, regrets, painful tears and the fire of friendship that she had set to her own self.
"Her only mistake was she hated love and loved the hated"