Chapter Eighteen

Start bij het begin

“I promised that they could get rid off all the protectors. I promised that we wouldn’t put up a fight!” he shouted back.  

Everything seemed to freeze. 

Alex was right. My father was fighting with the other side. 

My mind went into a frenzy, I couldn’t concentrate, as angry flowed through me. I stepped away from him, disgusted that I was touching him. 

When he looked  his eyes narrowed so he was glaring.

If looks could kill I would be a goner for sure. 

"Remember I'm older and stronger then you. So don't do something you will regret." He warned.

“I’m going to kill you and then I'm going to kill every hunter that threatened my family," I told him coldly. He smirked and I shivered when I saw the evil glint in his eyes.

"Is that a threat?" 

"No its a promise. You haven chosen you side; now you have to live with the consequences." 

I grabbed the wooden dagger out and chuck it forward towards him. Without even moving it stopped in the air and turned so it was facing me. 

"Is that all you've got?" He asked.

 I closed my eyes focusing on everything around me, just like David had taught me to do. When I opened them again I caught sight of my reflection in the window. My skin had a soft glow to it, but it was my eyes that stood out. They were bright blue, so bright it was like the light was captured in them.

I saw my father freeze in shock, I smirked at him before standing up a little straighter. Before I even had a chance to do something he ran out on the balcony and jumped.

Yep, he jumped off the side of the building.

I tried to look down and see him but it was too dark.

Crap,

I was about to follow him when the door opened behind me and someone entered. I turned around frowning when I saw Xavier standing there the note crumbled in his hands. All my anger disappeared replaced with confusion.

“Don’t go,”

“I thought you would be pleased, you’ve made it very clear that you hated me.’

“Marley, Blake loves you and if you leave it will destroy him,” he begged. A sad smile made its way onto my face when I thought about him.

“I didn’t say I would leave I just said that if I did that they needed to finish what I couldn’t,”

“Well then let us come with you, let us help you,”

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed.

“You don’t get it Xavier. I need to do this. I need to stop the one thing that is threatening everything and everyone that I live for. Everyone I love disappears, and I don’t want them to. I want the few people I actually care about to stay safe and live a happy life. Don’t you get that? I have to do this!” I yelled tears running down my cheeks. I saw Xavier’s expression soften and he stepped forward wrapping his arms around me. “Why are you being so kind?” I asked wiping away the tears.

“I realised that you’re our only chance. When you told us that you turned down leaving just so you could stay and fight with us I realised that you might not be as bad as you seem.” He explained stepping away from me. “I also realised that you’re basically family, and no matter what you don’t turn your back on family.”