Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen:

“We need to get you all inside,” The security guard said as soon as we stepped out of the helicopter. We all grabbed our bags before dashing in between the metals doors. With a loud thump they closed behind us leaving the room in complete darkness.

We didn’t have to wait long before the room was lit again. A guard led us up a few flights of steps until we reached a sign that said living quarters. The man took us into a large dinning room and told us all to make our self’s at home.

The boys instantly went to the pantry in search for food. After they found what they were looking for, everyone sat down in a group and munched away. I stayed standing wanting to find out some news.

“Marley sit down,” Brody told me. I groaned before throwing myself down in a chair.

“Are you looking forward to meeting you parents?” Blake asked, sitting next to me. He offered me some food but I politely declined.

“I’m a bit anxious what if I’m not what they expected me to be like?”

“they will love you just like I do,” Blake assured me. It wasn’t long before two men come in and stood in front us. They were both dressed casually in khaki pants and loose fitting shirts.

“Marley follow us,” they said looking straight at me. I nodded and stood up walking cautiously behind them. We walked up another flight of steps before we reached a door with a key pad in front. The taller man typed in a code before the doors opened revealing a floor that looked similar to ours except it was more spacious. We stepped into a large dining area that had a twelve seating table in the middle. Six people took up the seats.

Down the end was man that looked to be about 40. He wore the same cloths as the men with me except he wore a black shirt whilst the men next to me wore white. Next to him was a woman about 20 she had long blonde hair that was pulled back into a high ponytail. Even from this distance I could tell she was beautiful.

Then they was a boy that looked to be a little older then me. He had the same blonde hair and features as the girl so I guessed that they were brother and sister.

On the other side of the table were a two men and a women. They all had there backs to me so I couldn’t see there faces. From what I could tell the women was slim and had short black hair that fell to her shoulders, she sat next to a man with the same black hair except it held traces of grey. The last man looked to be of importance as they all were paying attention to what he was saying.

The man standing in front of me cleared his throat and stepped to the side so that everyone at the table could see me. They all turned up to look at me forgetting whatever they were talking about.

The man and women that previously had their backs to me were the last to turn. When they did a smile spread across my face. My parents.

My father had bright grey eyes like mine except he didn’t have the green and blue speckles. He smiled back at me before jumping up and wrapping me in a hug.

“Its about time you found us,” he teased when he placed me back on the ground.

“Well you weren’t that easy to find,” I teased back. My mother then come over and hugged me. She had tears threatening to escape out of her baby eyes.

When she pulled back dad wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

Mum and dad.

It felt really funny to say that.

“Its nice to meet you Marley,” The man that I thought said as he held out his hand for me to shake. “I’m David Black.”

“Nice to me you too,’ I said shaking his hand. I scrunched my eyebrows. “When you say black are you by any chance related to Luke?”

“That’s my son,” he replied smiling. I could tell that he was proud of him.

“Now that you are here why don’t you sit down so we can discuss the plans,” I nodded and took a sit in-between my mum and down. I couldn’t help but smile as dad wrapped an arm around my shoulder and mum grabbed my hand. This was what it should have always been like. A family.

“I’m Andrea but you can just call me Andy, this is my brother Dylan.” The blonde headed girl said pointing to the boy next to her. I smiled and shook hands with both of them. “This is Samuel, he doesn’t really talk much” he continued pointing to the man on her other side. He didn’t say anything just nodded his head. I smiled and turned back towards David.

“Now that you are together we can expect that they will attack with in the month. You two will have to be taken to separate bases when the fight  begins. We believe that they will bring as many hunters as they can because they know you are together. We will do our best to get rid of s many as possible.”

“Wait, I have question,’ I cut in. He nodded and waited for me to continue. “Do you expect me to leave when everyone here is going to be staying and possibly getting themselves killed?” I asked.

“Marley this is what’s necessary,” My dad said.

“What necessary is keeping the people that I love safe. They are all I’ve got I’m not losing them,’

“I think that this is enough for today, Maybe Marley you should spend sometime with your father he will explain everything to you,” without giving me a chance to kept fighting everyone stood up and left my father and I alone. We walked out onto a balcony. I looked down and could just about make out the track we came in from.

“I’m not leaving them to fend for themselves. I want to stay and fight with them.” I told him. He sighed and ran a hand threw his hair.

“You don’t understand, your going to be protector one day. You can’t risk you life just for a few people.”

“They aren’t just a few people. They are my family!” I growled.

“Don’t be foolish you haven’t known them for more then a few weeks. They are your protectors this is just a job to them!” He yelled back.

I turned around and headed back to the door not wanting to get into an even bigger fight.

“As your father I’m telling you that you will go somewhere safe!” He called.

Right then and there I realised something.

My fathers a dick,.

Just before I walked out the door I turned around and looked him straight in the eye.

‘Screw you!”

A/N

I will be updateing again today so don't hate me for the horrible chapter.

Love you all <3