Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten:

“Well, you see um. Ok so. Ahh.” Brody stuttered. God this was going to take forever. I turned to the one person who I knew who give me a straight answer and not worry about my feelings.

“Xavier please take over from your brother,”  I told him. “And make it quick.”

“Ok, what Brody was trying to say is that people are after you and they are going to try and kill you.” Xavier explained quickly. I froze and looked at him trying to figure out weather or not he was kidding. After I realised that he was being honest I leant my elbows onto the table and rested my head in my hands trying to concentrate.

“Then why are they killing lots of people? Why not just find me and kill me?”  I asked.

“They aren’t just killing anyone. They are only after the rebels which are the people that are willing to put themselves on the line to protect you.” Hunter explained. 

"but why? What’s so important about me?" I asked confused. None of this was making sense, what was so great about me. I was just a nobody that didn't have family.

"Because your father is the one person who holds the power to change the world," Tyson said speaking to me for the first time. 

"My father is just an army general who things about himself more then anyone else," I pointed out. The boys looked between each other, having a conversation without words. "He's not my real father is he,' I whispered. Tyson nodded and they all remained silent, watching me as if waiting for me to have a mental break down. 

"He was one of your protectors." 

"Then why was he so mean to me?" I questioned. 

"He was one of your protectors not from choice but by ranking." Blake replied. "For years your family has been protected, your fake father was given you when you were a baby because your father had to be put in to hiding. He didn't like the fact that he was given a responsibility that could threaten his family even more. The thing is he swore to look after you so you were placed in his custody until you were needed to be protected by everyone. I promise you know one knew what he was doing to you because if they did it would have been stopped."

I remained silent and processed all the information. I let out a sigh of relief. Him not being my father was the best news I had heard in a while. Now I didn't have to think of him as family he was merely someone taking care of me. It didn’t matter that I hated him with my whole soul. "Why did my father have to be put in hiding?"