Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen:

For weeks I trained with this mysterious man.

Not once did he get annoyed with me when I asked questions. He would just shake his head and say “In time all your questions will be answered,”

I could feel myself get stronger, faster everything was paying off.

It was only now. Three weeks later that I couldn’t take it anymore. I needed to find my father. I was sick of waiting. Who knew how long it would be until those people found me again. We had had only one run in, Blake had decided that to help me stop stressing he would take me on a date. We were in a small dinner in a town about two hours away. We had finished our diner and were taking a small walk in the park. Blake and I were about to get back to the car when someone came up behind me and grabbed me around the neck. If it was for my fast thinking and Blake’s wonderful fighting skills then I wouldn’t have made it  out alive. After that little incident we all were on lock down. The only time I was aloud outside of the house was to train. Other then that I would stay inside and try to figure things out. 

“Who are you?” I asked as I stepped into the clearing. The man was sitting on the ground watching the water. When he didn’t answer me I marched forward and stood in front of him. “Who are you?” I asked again. This time I got an answer. He stood up and looked down at me. Sorrow filling his eyes.

“It is time for the battle,”

“What do you mean?” I asked confused as I watched him take off his shirt and stand in the middle of the field.

“You are ready, I have taught you everything I can. So now it is time to see if you are ready to become the protector.” He waited patiently for me to process his words.

This was it.

If I wanted to find out anything about my father I had to win this.

God I was so scared.

I pulled off my hoodie revealing my black sports bra. I know what you are thinking, they are both wearing hardly anything. But I can assure you there was nothing remotely romantic about us. He was just here to help me find out things about my father. Another bump in the road.

Anyway Blake was way better looking. Plus he is like old.

“Whose the judge?” I asked.

“Them,” He replied nodding to the track. I looked over to see a huge crowd of people coming towards us. They all formed a bid perimeter around us. In the crowd I spotted the Kingsley boys, I continued screaching for Blake. When I found his bright Blue eyes I smiled and he gave me a thumbs up.

The man nodded at me as if signalling it was time. I nodded back before moving into fighting stance.

“Begin!” Someone shouted.

We both charged towards each other like rhinos. He dodged by punch and flung a kick in at my back causing me to fly forward. This time when I stood up I realised just how serious this fight was. It was life or death.