Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve:

We trained for weeks, everyday getting easier then the one before. I was getting stronger and had proved to everyone that I was cut out for the job. Xavier and I stayed as far away from each other as possible. Brody had learnt his lesson and didn’t put us back in the ring together. 

With every passing day I learnt more and more information that would help me in the future. I could now hit a running target from 50 metres away without worry. After the first two weeks we had placed tramping bags at the door just in case we had to make a ran for it.

The boys had set up more cameras and traps that would tell us if we had any unwanted visitors. They were even strict enough that they had given me a boundary that I wasn’t aloud to go past. I thought that they were being a bit over dramatic but if it stopped them from worrying then I would comply.

"So when are they planning to attack?" I asked helping the girls bring the bags in from the car. We had started to ran low on supplies so a couple of the girls went out to stock up. They didn't go all the way home though because we knew that people were watching and waiting, so we had to make do with the local supermarket. 

"Any day now, we heard that there has been sightings of them at home so we won't be able to go back ." Laura told me dropping the last bag down. 

"Are the rest of the Kingsley going to come? I mean is it safe for them to stay at home if they are getting followed?" I wondered. 

"Don't worry about them Marley they know what they are doing. If they come out here now people will follow them for sure. While they stay at home they distract the hunters while we train you," Brody assured me grabbing an apple off the bench and biting into it. I followed him to the coach and laid down resting my head on his lap. I grabbed his apple and took a bite out of it before giving it back. Over the time that we had spent training we had became really close. He would be counted as one of my favourites, well him and Blake. 

"Thanks for that, now I'm going to get your germs," he complained pouting, pretending to be upset. 

"Oh apples, yum" Cassidy exclaimed grabbing the apple back off him. She took a bite on the other side and then handed it back to him again. 

"gross guys you do realise you could of just gotten one out of the bag," he pointed out.

"yeah but that would be to easy," she replied sitting down in front of us. 

This is what it had been like with us the whole time. We were all becoming a big family. Even though danger was just around the corner, I was still happy. I was constantly around people that actually made me smile. 

                                                            ~/~/~

I lay in bed that night thinking about everything that was going to happen, all the people that I could lose. Everyone might not make it out of this and I am not sure if I could live with that. I really truly loved them all. If something happened to them because they were trying to protect me, I don’t think that I could live with myself. 

"You alright Marley," Blake whispered from the bunk. I turned over on my side so that I was facing him. 

"Yeah just thinking," 

"About?" 

"What if something happens to one of you? What if one of you get hurt? I'd feel so bad," I replied. After a few moments of silence he stood up and walked towards me grabbing my hand and tugging me out of bed. We walked to the lounge and sat in front of the fire. I knew that Roydon and Hugh were somewhere outside, they had been placed on night watch so they had to keep a continues watch on the boundaries.

"So why don't you explain to me what’s really making you stay up and night. I know this isn't the first time you have still been awake at midnight." 

I sighed. He was right, ever since I had found out everything I hadn't been able to sleep. And when I did it was only for a few hours at a time. My mind just seemed to be filled with so much information it couldn't relax.

"It's just, every since I was young I hadn't been able to trust people because I was sure they would hurt me like my father did. I was certain that everyone in the world was out to get me. But now I'm around a group of people that are willing to die for me. A group of people that know they probably all won't make it out of here alive and yet they still smile at me. This is my entire fault, the reason that you guys are going to get hurt is because of me and I can't do anything about it." Blake wrapped his arm around my shoulder and let me cry silently into his shoulder. 

"The reason we are willing to die for you isn’t because of who you are but because of how you act. After everything you have been through you are still willing to fight with us. After all the information you have been told you still smile at us. If someone was to be angry with someone then you should be angry with us. Because we are your protectors Marley and we failed. We let you get hurt. We keep the biggest secret from you. So don't you dear say that this is your fault because you didn’t ask for this Marley it was just thrown at you," he told me grabbing my cheeks softly and pulling me back so that I was looking into his eyes. He used his thumb to wipe away the tears that still flowed down my cheek. 

"I'm sorry that you have to do this," I whispered still gazing into his eyes. 

"Don't worry about it," Blake lent in a little closer. I could feel his warm breath fanning against my cheek. I thought for a moment that he might kiss me but then I realised that he looked at me like a little sister. He wouldn't do something like that. 

Would he?

Maybe I should just kiss him. Its not like it would be the first time, after all we did kiss the first night.

 I’m going to do it. I told myself leaning in a little. 

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! The alarms blared tearing us out of our trance. Roydon and Hugh came tearing in the door at the same time everyone rushed down the stairs pulling on cloths. 

"They found us!" Roydon yelled reaching for one of the guns on the table. "We need to move quickly!"

A/N

I know its short but it is the only place that I could stop it. The next chapter will be full of action so I hope you like it.

3 Votes and 2 Comments on this chapter before I upload again. You guys have been great so far, so please keep it up.

Love you all <3