Chapter 16

You stayed at home on a bright sunny Tuesday,not going to school.You held the thermometer and placed it on your forehead,removing it after you heard a 'beep'.

39℃.Kimbap kidding? Well that was SeungKwan's favourite line in english of course.You're not going to laugh at him anyway,at least he tried.

You were suffering from a high fever so you decided to stay home for a day.Stay home and stay away from the dramas.Your parents went out for work and they'll be back at evening.They left a few medicine in the kitchen counter before they left.You took the medicine and get back to bed.

Not longer after you were deep in your sleep,you heard your phone rang.You thought it was your parents so you reached for your phone.But no.Your heart sank a little when you saw the number.It was SeungCheol.

You hung up the call before tossing back into the bed.There was another call again,but this time was a different number.You picked up.

A familiar woman voice was heard from the other side of the phone."Is this _____?"It was so familiar but you couldn't really think of it.

"Ah yes,may I know who is this?"you replied back."Oh,I'm SeungCheol's elder sister,Choi SooYoung.Nice to meet you.Even though our first encounter wasn't that nice,"SooYoung said,as she giggled.

"Our first encounter...?"you frowned."Yes.Can we meet up today?"SooYoung initiated."Uhm well...I'm sorry I'm sick today."you replied."Ah it's fine.Do you mind if I go over your house?I have something urgent,"she said.You knew you most probably weren't going out so you allowed her as you waited for her.

Just when you were starting to doze off again,you heard a series of knock at the door.You opened the door,only to reveal the girl where you saw spending her day with SeungCheol.You gaped.So she is his sister?!

Putting your surprise aside,you welcomed her in and made her a cup of coffee.She thanked you and asked you to sit down.

"Hey,I'm sorry about that day..."SooYoung started off.You stared at her."I never thought our SeungCheol would have a girlfriend. I wanted to see if you truly love him or not.You did love him by the way.I can see that,"SooYoung states.

You realised that you misunderstood SeungCheol."But why is he shirtless?"you asked her.SooYoung giggled."Maybe you doesn't have a brother so I'll tell you.Boys normally don't wear clothes when they're at home,"SooYoung replied.You stared at your feet.

"Are you mad?"SooYoung asked.You shook your head.She reaches over and patted your shoulder."I hope you're not.I'm here to help Cheol fix things up,"SooYoung said.You nodded."Well I guess I have done my part here.I don't wanna interrupt you since you're sick.I guess I'll see you when you come over?"SooYoung said,flashing a smile similar to SeungCheol's.You nodded while smiling back at her."Feel free to come over anytime,"she yelled,before her back disappeared at the sidewalk.

===============

About 4 in the afternoon,there was a series of knock at the door again.You twisted the doorknob to reveal Joshua.

"Hey,I heard you were sick.Are yoy okay?"he said as he stepped inside your house."Yes,and why are you here?"you replied,securing the door.

He pointed at a stack of books which he held in his hands.You jerked your head to glance at the books and realised they were yours.So he brought your homework.

"Extra tutor,miss,"he said,smiling and you groaned."Hey,It's even free of charge!"Joshua exclaimed. You let out a bitter chuckle as you sat down right opposite of him.

"Now let's get started,shall we?"Joshua stated.He taught you everything the teacher taught in school that day and thanks to him,you managed to catch up with the syllabus.

It was 7pm when you done with revision. You checked your phone and there was a text from your parents.

From:Dad
Sorry baby girl,Mom and I had a urgent meeting coming up at 8pm and we might reach home at 10pm.I have left some money in the drawer.Buy something for dinner.Love ya ♡

You sighed."What happened?"Joshua asked,tapping the table."My parents will be home at 10 and I had to settle my dinner."you stated,feeling exhausted."But you're sick,aren't you?"Joshua asked.You nodded.

"Let me cook you something,"Joshua said,standing up and advanced towards the kitchen."Hey are you able to cook?"you asked him.He gave you a look."Do you even remember I live alone?"He stated."Oh yeah..."you murmured."Anyways,don't burn down my house."you commented,and giggled.

A few moments later,Joshua came from the kitchen with two bowls of chicken soup and two bowls of rice.Both of you ate together happily.His presence made you forgot about all the sadness.He managed to bring happiness and laughter to you despite of being in a confused situation.

The clock strucks 930pm."Dear patient,time for bed,"Joshua states as he bring you up to your room and lay you down on the bed,covering you with the blankets.He stood up and preparing to leave.

"Hey,where are you going?"You asked."Home,of course,"Joshua said,giggling at your redundant question."Don't go,"you said,started to tear up."Why,why,why,"he started to panic and rushed towards your side.

"Cuddle with me."you stated.You need warmth.You need security."But..."Jisoo hesitates."Joshua..."you said,as a drop of tear escapes from the corner of your eyes.

Jisoo sighed."Alright,but I have to leave at 945pm,"Jisoo said,as he plopped himself on your bed next to you and hugged you tightly.

"Thank you,Jisoo."you said.
There was no response.
"Jisoo?"you called.
"Mhm?"Jisoo replied.
You suddenly rememebered SooYoung's words.
"We misunderstood SeungCheol,"you stated.
There was no reply again.
"Jisoo?"you called him again.
"So you're forgiving him?"Jisoo asked.
Now it is your turn to kept quiet.
All of a sudden Jisoo stood up and excused himself.
"If you're still dating SeungCheol then we shouldn't be cuddling.I'm sorry,"and that was the last sentence he left before he leaves.