Chapter 8

Your phone rung and buzzed in your pocket.You slipped it out from your ripped skinny jeans before looking at the notification.

From:Cheolli ♡
Hey babe!!I'm throwing a party for both of us with the boys!!I'll pick you up at 6.30 tonight!!Dress nicely~~Love you xoxo

You grinned at the text.Does lovers do this all the time?It felt sweet.You slipped your phone back into your pocket after you replied him a 'okay~love you too'.It was obvious as you still had your smile plastered on your face.

Today was friday.The day where you have co-curricular activities.You appealed for dance club,and thanks to your luck,you got it.You advanced towards the arts building as you headed straight to the dance studio.

It was,seventeen again.You were 10 minutes late but there was only 5 members,including you.You were pretty sure the corridors are already empty and no one was there.

You pushed the studio door and Hoshi noticed.He turns off the blasting music and welcome you.

"Hey our 5th and last member!!Welcome!!"he,being the club president,cheers and pulls you into a hug when he sees you.You looked around.Hoshi,Lee Chan,MingHao and Jun.Wow so this club is more like an international dance group or something.Well,it is not something shocking as you were attending an international school which was operated by your dad's best friend.It was said that students here must have at least a small connection in order to attend this famous school in the town.And that explains why the population of the school is so little.They only had about 500 students from year 7 to Year 11.

You greeted MingHao and Jun and Lee Chan.They were nice,and welcoming.Things were a little awkward between you and Lee Chan becausr you rejected him.You tried hard to be comfortable around him but for him,it is just not the same.Maybe he needs more time.

"So why does Dance Club only had 5 members?"you questioned the president.Hoshi smiled,as his eyes formed two slanted lines just like the clock pointing 10:10."I wanted members who are capable of dance and not people who sucked ass at dance,"Hoshi states.Wow,this boy and his attitude.You are not complaining though.You liked it because you think it showed professionalism.

"And why am I an exception?"you asked,crossing your arms."Well,Lee Chan said you're talented so why not?And secondly,we need odd numbers of members so that we can manage the stage perfectly.Thirdly,we need a girl in our club."Hoshi replied,sticking out three of his fingers.You shifted your gaze to Lee Chan,who was scratching the back of his head awkwardly.You smiled at him,trying to reduce the awkwardness between both of you.

"So can we start out training now?"Hoshi asks.Everyone stood up and get into their position and listened well to Hoshi,the leader.

______________

Club activities ends at 5.You bid goodbye to all of them,including Lee Chan,before leaving the studio.

"Hey wait!!"Lee Chan called you from behind.You turned around,only to see him drenched in sweat from the dancing session just now."Yes?"you said,smiling."Uhm...at least let me walk you home.You won't refuse,do you?"Lee Chan asked.You smiled,shaking your head.He went in to get his backpack.After all,both of you need to talk.

You and Lee Chan walks side by side along the sidewalk.The walk home was awkward,as both of you had things to say,but no one initiated.A few moments later,and when you could feel Lee Chan had made his mind to speak up about 'that',he started off."So...I guess you were dating SeungCheol?"he asked.You stopped walking and so do he.You looked into his eyes,and nodded."Yes."

You could see a hint of sadness flashed across his face before he forced a smile."It's okay,SeungCheol's nice." He said."Lee Chan-ah..."you called him.He looked into your eyes.This time he was hoping you could say something like 'it was just a joke',but no.You sighed."I knew your feelings.But I can't be selfish.I can't date you out of sympathy.It was not fair for you,too.I don't want you to waste my time on me.I'm not worthy for you,"you said.

Feelings are temporarily.I could make you feel them if you give me a chance.Lee Chan thought,but he never said it out.It was not good to ruin her mood right now because we have party later.

No longer later,you and Lee Chan reached your house.He looked at your back walking towards the front door.You turned to wave at him."See you later at the party,"you said,smiling and opening the door.

Lee Chan make sure you closed your front door properly before he left.He walked home himself as he looked up into the sunset sky.It was beautiful,but at the same time with a hint of regret and sadness.Maybe they aren't meant to be together...