I can't help it, I close the gap between us and the moment our lips connect, nothing else matters anymore. The only thing I can think of is Jack and how perfect this feels.

Moments later we break apart, my lungs protesting due to the several minutes without air. No words are exchanged but I feel like we're having a conversation just by looking at each other, our eyes doing the talking.

He pulls me into a hug and we stay like that for sometime, just enjoying each others presence, the comfort of a hug with someone you love filling us. All too soon does the illusion will have to break, we have to get back to reality, due to the meeting tomorrow morning and the prep Jack wanted to do before that we had a very early start.

Morning arrived too soon, excitement making sleep scarce inspite of my suddenly absent dreams. I could only watch as Jack made teams to go on the ship scavenger hunt and gave each team sections to search, by the time it was breakfast he had assigned everyone, including himself a job.

Everyone had an itinerary, for the next two days Jack had planned every thing, including toilet breaks. Times like this reminded me of what a great leader he was, fair too, we had toilet breaks and down time. Despite the gravity of the situation he saw how important it was to not overwork ourselves, to keep everyone on top form. To continue to put their needs first and that made me love a little more.

My team and I were on a mission, actually I think we all were, we had our objectives and now to and were now ready to fulfill them. Jack had given an amazingly inspiring speech at breakfast which was probably why everyone was feeling so pumped. It was an exciting prospect, the hope for light at the end of an endless tunnel.

Each team had two techs and an assortment of each race in each team as every race had strengths and weaknesses, to balance each other out. My team and I were on our way to the dungeons, a previously unknown area of the prison. I didn't even know but apparently the area down there is quite vast, but luckily I have Clark and Mick in my team and more vampires as they have awesome night vision.

As we descend into the dungeons on the most reliable looking ladder ever, note the sarcasm it was covered in rust and grime that I didn't even want to think where it came from. I know now why we all have gloves, it creaked as I made my way down. No one in my group had ever been down here before which was about as reassuring as walking into a dragon cave unarmed.

Totally not on my bucket list.

Which really if you think about it is a stupid name, why call it a bucket list? Where's the bucket? Humans are odd, which I can say without being accused of racism. And to think, in some days humans used to define racism as different skin colours, little did they know.

I digress purely because the dungeon is not the happiest place to be on this world and after having climbed down the ladder of death, we are plunged in complete darkness, well except for the manhole we came down. I fumble for my torch and flick the switch the beam facing towards the floor. Never have I felt as claustrophobic as I do now.

I take in a deep breath steadying my nerves, no this place is not going to swallow you whole, no you will see the light again, yes, everything will be okay. You are a part of a strong, capable team who will pull through whatever this godforsaken dungeon will throw at you.

And anyways, you've been through so much so far, this is nothing in comparison.

After giving myself a mini pep talk, I realise that everyone is waiting for me and I take out the rough map Jack's drawn for us, which was so amazingly done that it was a box that says 'basement'. Thanks Jack, so helpful.

"Looks like we're going in blind, do you want to split up? We'll meet up at this manhole," I was interrupted by a screeching sound from above, the manhole was closing, made sense really. "Change of plan, we'll all go together, can you tie this to the ladder? Somewhere visible."