Soldier (Surprise)

Warning: Strong Language

I put my head down on the table. Today was the day my friends decided to drag me to do karaoke. They told me that I needed to get my mind off my recent break up.

So far it wasn't working. Sure there were a bunch of pretty girls tonight but in one way or another they reminded of her. She decided it was a good idea to go behind my back, and look where that got her. Sure I did sorta over react, but she kept it from me. I had to find out through a phone call, she let me find out through a fucking phone call!

Groaning I brought my head up to see one of my friends pointing at the stage, where nobody was.

"You should go sing while nobody is up there!" Shelby explained to me. I sighed but got up, slowly making my way to the booth. When I got there I told him the song I wanted to sing. It was a good song and it closely related to my situation.

Soon I was on stage in my knee-length silver dress, brown hair in a bun and microphone in hand. The music started and I started to sing.

"I'm laying here in the darkness

The middle of nowhere

There's no one in sight,"

I starting thinking of the day I got the phone call. I was just sitting on the couch watching some show, heh I can't even remember. The phone rang, of course I picked it up and a male voice started saying, "Hello is this Michelle?"

"No, but I can relay the message," My naive voice replied.

"Okay tell her that she got accepted and to start packing. The train she needs to take leaves November 24 at 8am. That is all, thank you for your time."

Before he hung up I asked, "What was she accepted for again, my silly self forgot."

"She qualifies to become a soldier for the Navy and we have accepted her application," he replied.

"Caught in the madness

Don't wanna be like this

I'm losing my mind,"

I knew I was slowly going insane, knowing she might actually be gone tomorrow. That she might not pick up right away or instantly text me back. It was maddening, the fact that my Michelle was going to leave me.

"Wanna see inside your head

What's going on in there?

Tell me where you are

So I can stop and take a breathe

Cause nothing's making sense

I don't want this to end

Come and get me out of this mess,"

So I left her first, beat her to the punch as some might say. Yet I wished so badly that she wouldn't get on that train. That she would run to my house and apologize for even considering to risk her life, begging me to take her back. That she would just magically fix it all.

"I want you to stay (oh), stay (oh)

Stay with me a little longer