Flares (SeaChaos)

Part 2 of Breakeven

Did you lose what won't return?

I walked out the door. I made that decision. Then why do I feel like it's wrong? Why do I want to go running back to him, my big clumsy oaf. Yet I kept going, I never looked backed.

Did you love but never learn?

Not long after he breakup I found a beautiful, women named Cathy. She had brown eyes like his, her smile reminded me of him. Almost everything about her seemed to say, 'Hey! I look like your last love. Now. Love. Me' and I did. I fell in love with her.

The fire's out but still it burns

Yet every night I fall asleep, he is in my dreams. He always is my last thought before I go to sleep, and the first thought before I wake up. Sometimes I just wonder what he is doing. If he has a girlfriend or boyfriend, if he even thinks of me at all.

And no one cares, there's no one there

I bet he doesn't, like what did I expect. He always was charming, maybe he's already moved on. I'm not mad I deserve it. I honestly do, but still I have Cathy. She'll catch me won't she? Anthony always did, no matter where or what he was doing he always made time. I'm not sure about Cathy, if her fragile arms could hold me.

Did you find it hard to breathe?

The more I thought about it the more determined I was. I wasn't ever going to go back to him, yet I wonder if I should. It has been almost 4 year. Me and Cathy is married and I can honestly say, I was wrong. She could catch me, she just couldn't hold me.

Did you cry so much that you could barely see?

Now I almost cry at nigh. Why, why couldn't my idiotic self turn around.? Run back to him and apologize? I've even tried to call him, but he has a new number. I would expect he has moved, I would. I couldn't stand to see the memories we made.

In the darkness all alone

Me and Cathy got a divorce, she reminds me to much of him. I couldn't take it, of course she didn't need to know that. I just told her I was cheating, and in a way I was. I was cheating on him.

And no one cares, there's no one there

And I couldn't handle that. I got my assistant to find out his cell number, owning a big company helps with these things. It wasn't soon after my hands were trembling, my phone almost rattling. I looked at the menacing call button. It's been 6 years. 6 years since I've seen him, talked to him, or stopped thinking about him.

Well did you see the flares in the sky?

When I finally grew a pair, I heard the ring. It just kept going. I was about to cut it off before I heard his voice.

"Hello, I swear if i-"

I cut him off by saying, "Hello Anthony."

"H-hi A-Adam," he stuttered, I could just imagine the blush on his face then and there.

Were you blinded by the light?

"So, do you want to finally hand out? I mean we are friends again, I hope I'm not to old to that friends don't 'hang,'" I told him over the phone. Yeah, since we started talking my phone bill has grew and so have my feelings. Of course I wouldn't ever tell him, unless he liked me back.

"Maybe, but could we do it at your place? Let's say 1:00?" Anthony replied back.

"Sure, here's my address," I said smiling. As soon as the call ended I texted him the address. Tomorrow would be a fun day.

Did you feel the smoke in your eyes?

Soon many of my days were spent with him, I mean it's been 2 months since we've become friends again. We became just like we were before we admitted our feelings, always playing games. The teasing was there, and you can't forget the sparkle that returned to both ours eyes since then.

Did you? Did you?

My favorite part was that sparkle, the way it shined in the sun. The way it glittered in the moonlight. It saddens me to think I was the one that took it away, but I would do anything to get it back. That is the only thing I'm sure of at the moment.

Did you see the sparks feel the hope? You are not alone

I looked at the sparkle as we kissed, for the first time in 6 years I was happy. I had someone, someone strong enough to catch me. Someone that will always there, because the kiss said all of that. Every emotion we'd been hiding was out on the open.

Cause someone's out there, sending out flares
========
Flares, by the script. Great song but, IN 2 HOURS I GOT LIKE 40 READS.  (Not Edited, 859 Words)

-Marsh