Fight For You Chapter 20

Brooke's Pov:

"Julie... David..."

They stood there with wide eyes and mouths a gaped. I let out a small gasp in denial that they stood in front of me. Out of all places and timing, it couldn't be them. They should be in London and not Cheshire. It was unbelievable to say the least.

"Brooke," Julie murmured. She covered her mouth and it looked like she was going to cry. "Brooke is that you?" David asked. "It's me," I said. "Oh Brooke. We are so sorry. We thought we would never see you again," Julie cried. She pulled me in a hug causing me to flinch under her touch. Harry took notice as he pulled me back away from them and into his arms. Julie looked at Harry with a mixture of emotions but mostly anger and the smallest bit of hurt.

"Who are you and what are you doing talking to Brooke?" Harry asked. "Brooke who are they?" David asked, ignoring Harry's question. "My friends and brother," I said. "You found your family?" Julie asked in astonishment. I gave them a brief nod. "I'm here visiting them," I said, "what are you guys doing here?"

I didn't know how to talk or react with them. I didn't know whether to be angry at them for leaving me or to be happy that they are here again since they did take care of me for seventeen years. It wasn't their intention to kick me out like that.

"We are on vacation in Cheshire. We are visiting David's mother," Julie explained. "Brooke who are these people?" Harry asked again. "They are my step-parents," I explained. Louis reached forward and entwined our hands together. Harry and the other boys were amazed and shock to see out of all people who we ran into. "Are they the ones who left you?" Louis asked. "We never did. We had no choice to leave Brooke. The foster care made us. They thought she was old enough to live on her own," David sadly explained.

"Where do you live now?" Julie asked, "do you live here?" "No I still live in London," I said. "Oh good. Maybe you can move back in with us and things can go back to normal. The way they use to be," Julie smiled. Before I could say anything the boys shouted, "No!" Julie and David flinched at their loud voices. "Brooke is not leaving us," Liam said. "No way is she leaving and going back to you two," Zayn said. "Brooke is staying," Niall said.

"Brooke lives with us now. You have nothing to do with her anymore. She belongs to Harry and us," Louis said. "I just found out I had another sister and I just found her. I'm not leaving my sister behind," Harry said. "Your parents didn't want Brooke in the first place. We took care of her since birth. We legally owned her for seventeen years and we still have the rights," Julie snapped. That was the first time I ever heard her snap before. She rarely ever does.

"What do you mean still have the rights?" Liam asked. Julie let out a sigh as David stood to the side quiet. "The foster care agreed to let us still have legal rights and guardian over Brooke if she ever wanted to come back," Julie said. "They what?!" The boys shouted. "Will you quit shouting?" David snarled.

I stood there standing quiet as I watched the two sides argue back and forth at each other. It was quite amusing and entertaining to watch if I'm going to be honest here. It felt nice having someone argue over me for once.

"She has no right to leave. She lives with us now!" Louis roared with anger which caused me to jump in fright. "You boys don't have any legal rights over her either. You are all just a bunch of kids not knowing what to do!" David yelled. "She is eighteen years old. She doesn't need any legal rights to anyone but herself," Harry seethed. "That's not what the signed papers say when your parents signed it!" Julie shouted. "Leave my parents out of this," Harry snarled. "You are all a bunch of kids and can't even take care of yourself. What makes you think you can take care of Brooke?" David snapped in annoyance. "We are all in our early twenties!" Liam shouted. "We are not kids." "Still kids," Julie muttered under her breath with a huff.