Fight For You Chapter 1

Brooke's Pov:

"You're amazing Brooke! Make sure you lock everything up before you leave," Johnny said. "Don't worry Johnny," I said with a smile tugging at the corner of my lips. He tossed me the keys and waved bye before walking out.

Johnny is the manager of Nandos. He is the one who runs the restaurant. Johnny is a pretty cool guy but can be a bit pushy and bossy at times. The only time he and I talk is at work or he would text me my work schedule for the week. I don't talk to people that much. I'm someone who keeps to herself and stay away from the crowd.

I walked away from the counter to set the chairs up before closing up. This was the most quietest time of the day. It was always boring. It has never been this quiet, though. Sadly, today was a horrible day. There were rude customers, I slipped and fell from the wet floor, and I burnt myself from the hot plates. All I wanted to do was go home and relax.

I set up the last of the chairs on top of the table before walking into the kitchen to hang my apron up. I untied it from my waist and took it off of my neck. I hung it up on the hanger and walked to the break room that was in the back. I unlocked it with the door with the keys and walked to my locker then, grabbed my over the shoulder bag and slid it around my shoulder.

I walked out of the break room and locked the door behind me. I walked to the front door, turned off the lights, and flipped the sign to closed. My eyes scanned the now dark restaurant to make sure everything was done.

I walked out of the doors and closed it behind me. I locked the door and put the keys in my bag. Just as I began walking and with my luck, I smacked right into someone. We both went falling to the ground with a groan and a thump.

My bum hit the hard ground and I swore there would have been a bruise by tomorrow. "Ouch," I mumbled. "I'm so sorry!" The person panicked. I heard them stand to their feet and saw them reach forward to take a hold of my hand. Before they held a grip, I flinched and pulled it back. The person looked at me with surprise and confusion.

I took a look up to see broad shoulder with a muscular frame. His silhouette stood out in the dark. In the dimmest light of the street lamps I could see his bright blue eyes.

I stood to my feet without his help. "I-I'm juh-juh-juh-just going to go," I stuttered. I quickly turned away and began to scurry. "Wait!" he called out. I paused in my step but I didn't dare turn around. "I'm sorry I really need to go," I nervously said. Before I turned the corner, I looked back at the guy to see he looked hurt and a little upset.

I turned the corner and let out a breath of air I was holding in. I slowly started walking normally again. I straightened my posture and began to jog back home with a smile on my face. Home sweet home. I saw my house come into view. My feet stomped up the porch steps and walked to the doors. I took my house key out and opened the front door. With a twist and a push, the door opened and I walked in.

"I'm home!" I yelled, turning around and closed the door. "Julie? David?" I called out. I turned back around to see them standing there. "What's for-" I stopped mid sentence when I saw them standing there close to tears.