Chapter 8

Aubrey

I drove out the way we'd come in, taking the road back toward town where I had to follow Colt's usually last-minute and non-descript directions. Without warning, the vibrations buzzed against my clit again, and the car swerved as I struggled to keep it on the road.

"You cannot do that while I'm driving," I said through clenched teeth, still working to keep the car steady.

"No? I figured I could do so much more, seeing as how I don't have anything better to do." He pressed his hand between my legs, sitting the vibrations firmer against my nerves.

My back straightened violently, and I swatted him away, but he smacked at the device making me wince more. "Keep your hands on the wheel."

What was left of my acrylic nails dug into the black wheel cover until I felt another one snap free.

Colt's pressure turned to rubbing, and I clenched the wheel tighter despite the pain. He kept me so distracted that I didn't notice the approaching stop sign until I had to slam on the breaks to avoid oncoming traffic.

"You should really pay more attention."

"You're going to get us fucking arrested." I shoved his arm away again, but he merely laughed.

"You agreed to my fun."

"Grand theft is not fun," I muttered flatly.

He rolled his head against the headrest. "Few things are more fun."

Considering his current condition, I hoped he'd just fall asleep—once I no longer needed him to navigate, that is. As far as I could tell, we were heading in the opposite direction from his apartment, and I thought maybe he was leading me somewhere to pick up food until we ended up on a wooded road.

"Pull into that driveway," he said, pointing toward a mailbox.

"We're not... again...." I said, hoping he didn't have another job—or wasn't planning to steal dinner.

He only smirked.

At the end of the drive, I parked in front of a small grey house. The porch light flicked on as Colt opened his door, and I jumped, ready to hide.

"They're automatic, darlin'," he said in a teasing voice.

"This is your house?"

"Well, I do have a key," he winked.

My gait was still awkward, although the device didn't seem to pinch any longer, it still felt strange when I walked. As soon as Colt opened the door, an enormous, white Saint Bernard barreled toward us.

"Holy—" I stepped clear of its path. The dog must have weighed more than I did.

"I need to let her out," he gestured toward the back of the living room.

I scratched the back of my head, while the dog trotted after Colt, wagging its massive tail as they crossed the room.

Colt was domesticated—slightly. Who would have known?

He must've caught the perplexed look on my face because he laughed out loud when he turned around. The instant of humor was short lived though.

"Take off your pants," he said.

The uneasy tension settled in again. But we were alone, out of danger, and I was finally warm. None of that meant I wanted whatever he had in mind.

"Not going to make anything easy, are you?" Before I could move, he had me pinned to the wall. With one hand, he held my wrists over my head while the other pulled the front of my pants open and yanked them down along with my underwear. "I thought you'd be dying for some relief by now."