Chp 20: Everlasting

MARIA'S POV

As soon as Jane and I pull into the hotel's parking lot, we can both sense that something is very wrong. 

Both of us rush out of the car and I pull Elizabeth very close to me.

"Oh my god.", she whispers,"They're already here."

Just as we turn around to get back in the car, we see that Demetri is casually sitting on top of the hood. 

"Well hello there Jane. Didn't know that we've made one too many enemies now.", he says in extreme distaste. 

Suddenly, Demetri falls to the ground, withering in pain.

"Go...", she nudges me.

But it's too late, because as soon as I turn around with Elizabeth still cooped up in my arms, I see the rest of the Volturi standing behind me. 

"Ah, you must be Elizabeth.", Aro clasps his hands together with a smile. And it's a smile that makes me shudder. He disgusts me.

"Leave her, Aro.", Alec says as he and Logan step out of the woods,"You know it's not her that you really want."

Aro looks more than pleased to see Alec,"Ah, yes. But you do know your choices don't you? It's either you or..." Aro looks back at me and Elizabeth before he finishes his sentence,"Your darling lover or...daughter."

"I swear to god, if you touch my daughter, I'll kill you myself!", I shout.

Wrong decision. I can tell just by the look of Alec's face. The one thing you should never EVER do is say something threatening to the Volturi. Too bad I didn't know this until now.

Felix quickly comes up and puts me in a head lock, whilst pushing Elizabeth away.

"Get the hell away from her!", Alec shouts and comes quickly, but not before Aro puts up his hand to signal Felix to let me go.

I fall to the ground but quickly regain my posture.

"I have another ultimatum.", Alec offers as he holds me steady and points to Logan who steps up. 

"I'm a shield.", he says succinctly,"Not a mental shield. A physical shield." 

He demonstrates his power on Felix who is instantly knocked back.

Aro ponders this, looking at both him and Alec for a few moments.

"Well you do have a very interesting talent. Great use for the Volturi.", he begins,"Alec. Are you sure you don't want to come back?"

"Positive.", he says in a harsh tone as be pulls me closer to him.

Aro smiles,"Alright. We agree."

As they all head back, Alec and Logan give eachother a thankful glance.

"Is it finally over?", Elizabeth asks,"Are the bad men gone?"

We laugh and nod. 

Alec pulls me into a kiss. I love him. And I will. 

Forever.

THE END

-flowerwriter

My youtube channel : freya chandra fitness