Chapter 6: The forest

Maria's POV

The kiss lasted longer than the first , but as soon as we broke away, I wanted to go in for another. But, the sound of my phone stopped me. 

I reached towards my dress pocket to see what the text said. It was from Rosalie that read,"Where are you? It's pouring down."

My fingers worked quickly on the touch screen to write,"I'll be home really soon. Don't worry, I'm fine."

"I...have to leave.", I mumble,"But thank you, Alec. I had an amazing time."

But I still don't move. I want to stay with him. Spend all night talking to him. Just to be with him is good enough. 

"I'll take you home.", he tells me,"Don't worry, I won't introduce myself to your family or something."

"Yeah.", I blush,"That would be a problem."

We both walk in the rain together until we're below the window of my room. And by the time we get there, it stopped raining.

"Well.", I sigh,"Here it is."

But I still don't go up. Alec seems to notice my hesitation and pulls me into an embrace one last time,"I'll see you tomorrow.", he says. And before i can respond, he disapears into the woods.

I climb up the tree to my room and change into my pajamas, falling into a dreamless sleep.

--------------------------------------the next morning--------------------------------------------------------------------

My slumber is disturbed by the sun shining on my eyes through the window. I must have forgotten to close the window. 

I haul myself out of the bed and rub my eyes in a tiresome way, and stretch. 

It takes me only a second to remember what happened last night.

So the dream I had did mean something. And I'm really happy about it actually. Ever since I first saw him, I knew there was something about him. 

Alec said that he'd see me today. But it's saturday. So....I guess I'll just have to spend the rest of the day at the forest again. Not that I would mind, if I was with him. 

I take a quick shower and put on a some jeans and a white camisole.

I have to walk down first. Show my family my face. But I'll have to think about something other than homecoming if Edward is there. But i breathe a sigh of relief as I walk down. Edward, Bella, and Renesmee aren't there. They live on their own, so their not always here now.

"Hey", Rosalie says with a smile,"How was homecoming?"

"It was really amazing.", I turn my head to keep them from see the red rising to my cheeks,"I think I'm gonna go to the forest. I'll be able to hunt there too."

"Alright", Esme comes from the kitchen,"But be careful. The Volturi are still here. Speaking of which, are they bothering you at all?"

"No", I tell her whilst grabbing my backpack and stuffing it with my homework,"They don't really acknowledge my existence."

"Well", she says,"That's good. They're trouble."