Chapter 18

I'm at a loss for words as I observe Thomas and the girls that kidnapped him walking up to us, holding guns of their own in their hands. Except, I can't find Teresa.

"Happy?" one girl with freckles and red hair sighs, looking over at Thomas.

"Yeah, thanks," Thomas replies.

"Now, you have to give us what we want. The Cure," another girl with blonde hair replies.

My face falls slightly. We were saved only because Thomas promised the girls the Cure? Oh well. We're alive and that's all that matters.

"How?" I ask Thomas incredulously.

"I convinced them that it was pointless to kill me. So, they let me go. I followed them to the Crank City, where I knew you guys would be. When I saw your group enter the club, I knew there was trouble brewing," Thomas explains. "I told the girls that if they helped me save you guys they'd get the cure. And they will."

I bite my lip. I don't think WICKED will be this generous with the Cure. But I don't say anything. These girls have guns after all, no point in making them angry.

"Well, thank you," Newt says. I nod.

"I'm Jackie," the red-haired girl says, sounding slightly more friendly.

"I'm Maya," I introduce.

"Newt," he nods.

"This is Kelly," Jackie says, pointing to her blonde haired friend.

"Where's Teresa?" I blurt out. "And I could've sworn there were more of you."

Kelly frowns. "She and the others got pissed off when we told them we didn't want to kill Thomas. Then they stormed off, swearing that they'd be back."

"Oh," I say, worry building up inside me. "So she is still out there?"

Jackie nods sadly. "She really hates Thomas for some reason. He is not nearly as bad as she makes him out to be."

"I hate to end the conversation, but the rest of our group is inside that club. Do you think you guys could help us?" Newt asks.

Jackie and Kelly exchange looks, then face Newt and shrug. "Sure," they say in unison.

We lead them into the club, their guns held firmly in their hands. "You don't know who they are obviously," I start, looking between Jackie and Kelly. "So Newt, Thomas, and I will gather them up. We'll call for you two if there is any trouble."

Jackie and Kelly nod. Right now, I'm fully trusting them. I'm hoping they won't leave us. If we run into trouble, we'd be as good as dead without them.

Newt and Thomas break away, and they go scouting for our friends. I nod to Jackie and Kelly, and then run off into another direction. The first person I run into is a drunk Minho. He is holding a glass of alcohol.

"Hey," he slurs. "Let's daaaance."

"Not today," I say, slapping the glass out of his hand.

I grab his shoulders when he laughs foolishly. "Woaaah babe, you're insistent aren't you?"

"Oh shut up," I growl, hauling him around with me as I look for others.

Next person I run into is Jorge. He shoots me a hardened glare as I knock into him. I back away slightly, cowering like a child.