Chapter 21

Chapter 21 ~ Revelations

This is bad. This is so bad. Why didn’t I lock the door!

“Kimba?” a soft, shaky voice behind me said. Not able to hold it any longer I slid to the ground. Cheryl instantly did the same.

“Can I hold you?” she asked. To answer her I reached towards her and wrapped my arms around her.

I could feel the sobs coming. It would be only a matter of time before they came out. What have I done? How will this affect us. What will daddy say? A million things sped through my mind.

“It will be alright, love. Calm down.” She said while trying to sooth me. “It will all be alright.”

I desperately wanted to believe her.

“It can’t be that bad can it? The rest of the house doesn’t seem to mind.” She said while  kissing my forehead. “It will all be alright.”

She slowly started rocking me, trying to calm me down. When I had no more tears left to cry I looked at her. She had a sad look in her eyes. As much as I wanted to believe her, I didn’t.

“Let’s get you cleaned up, love. You look a right mess.” She shot me a comforting smile and led me to the bathroom. She prepared a bowl with water and got a piece of cloth. She dapped it into the water and took it to my face. Cleaning away the damaged my sister had caused.

-~-

“Thank you.” She said. “Thank you for defending me when your sister said those things to me.”

“She had no right to say that to you, Cheryl.”

“I love you, Kimberley. Please remember that. No matter what happens, I love you.”

“I love you, too.” I said and placed a kiss on her lips.

We both sat down on the bathroom floor. Holding on to each other for dear life.

She broke the silence.

“When are we going to tell him, love?”

“I don’t know. I really don’t..”

--~--

There was a chill in the house after that day. My sister and I weren’t talking to each other. The servants had heard our argument and tried their best to not let it show. However, I was grateful that I had them. They had taken care of Cheryl when I couldn’t. I’m forever grateful for that.

It was now Sunday. The last day my sister had given me to tell my father about Cheryl and myself. A lot of different scenarios were playing in my head as I had absolutely no idea how he would react to it. I had send for Cheryl. When she reached my room I told her to sit on my bed. When she sat down she started fiddling with her fingers. Something she does when she is nervous. Slowly walking to her I kneeled in front of her. 

“Cheryl…Look at me.”

Her eyes held unshed tears. I think that deep down she knows what will happen.

“Do you love me?”

“You know I do, Kimba.”

“Will you love me when I am just a poor, ordinary girl?”

“No power in this world can change my love for you. You are my only one. Poor, rich I don’t care. I only need you.”

I leaned in and gave her a kiss.

“I want you to do something for me, my love”

“Anything.”

“There is a suitcase in my closet. Ask James to take it to your room and pack. Just in case.”