.chapter one.

Michael subtly cleared his throat, stuffing his hands in his pocket. The crowd had already died down considering the blond was now moving to put his guitar in it's case.

Michael took in the blond's features, cautiously making his way toward him. The red haired practically drooled over the boy's appearance. His blue eyes and lushes lips had Michael mesmerized. And his lip ring. Well that practically made Michael's knees turn to jelly. Ignoring his thirst for the hot sex on legs, Michael contained himself. Building up the courage to actually go talk to him took a minute. But the blond was getting ready to leave so it was basically now or never.

"H-hey, um. I was, um." Michael stuttered, hesitating. The blond looked at him quizzically, shifting his guitar to lean against the bench. Michael took a breath, chuckling at himself about how stupid he was being. The blond sat down, patting the spot next to him as an invitation for the red head. Michael smiled, reluctantly sitting down.

"I'm-." Michael started over, actually taking a good look at the boy. "Sorry, I have trouble talking to new people sometimes."

"No worries mate." He waved it away, smiling at the lad.

"I just wanted to tell you, you have an amazing voice. Like seriously."

The blond chuckled this time. Thanking him and laughing lightly. "I'm Luke by the way." He stuck out his hand.

Michael was taken back a little, but shook his hand anyways. "Michael." He responded.

After a minute of Michael getting lost into Luke's beautiful sparkling blue eyes, the boy cleared his throat. Michael awkwardly apologized, changing the subject quickly.

"So, um, do you come here often?"

The blond laughed. "Was that suppose to be a pick up line?" He raised an eyebrow at the lad.

Michael stuttered. Why is it so hard to just talk to someone?! Michael scolded himself. He took another breath and started over. Luke was still smiling at the boy in amusement.

"I meant like I never seen you here before."

"Nah. I just moved here actually. My buddy just got an apartment around here and needed help with rent."

Michael nodded, an awkward silence soon filling the air.

"Um, well do you live around here?"

"You can say that..." Michael trailed off. He racked his brain, desperately trying to change the subject before he asked too many questions.

Michael took this as an opportunity and asked the other boy if he had a job. Michael crossed his fingers, hoping that somewhere was hiring. Finding work around here could be a bitch.

Luke shook his head. "Nah. Just this for now." He patted his guitar that was still sat upon the bench.

Michael nodded, getting lost in thought. His stomach was growling and he desperately needed to find money to eat. But Michael couldn't tell the boy that. That'll probably ruin his chances! Well it's not like he had any in the first place. So he took the chance, grabbing the lads arm as he got ready to leave.

"Wait um."

"Yeah?"

"Well um.. I was on way to the pizza joint and I kinda lost my wallet. And you know..-"

The boy chuckled at Michael's nervousness thinking it was cute. "Well I don't have any money but I'm heading to my mate's house anyways. Wanna come?"

"You sure they won't mind? I don't wanna come over eating their food when he hasn't even met me ya know?"

Luke laughed again, receiving an amused look from the red head. He sure does laugh a lot, Michael thought.

"C'mon. He won't mind I bet." He assured him.

Michael hesitated, second guessing his decision. But Michael's stomach growled again so he reluctantly stood up. Michael stared at the blond's legs for a second in appreciation and realization how tall the boy was.

He shook his head snapping out of his thoughts. He grabbed his belongings from behind the tree, catching up with Luke. He gave him a questioning look but didn't ask. Only walking side by side, guitars in hand. Both boys smiled to themselves, hoping for a possible friendship in the long run.

~

"Ugh, open the damn door!" Luke struggled to hold his guitar. The walk was about twenty minutes, and his arms were starting to hurt. On the other hand, Michael was perfectly fine. He was pretty used to carrying his stuff around with him all day anyways. Not like it was much to carry anyways. Only a small backpack along with his guitar. The backpack only contained a jacket and a few snacks most of the time. Nothing special to be honest.

A second later the sound of the door unlocking was heard, causing Luke to sigh of relief. Without a word he pushed himself past a sleepy boy and into the small apartment, setting his things on the floor.

The boy at the door raised an eyebrow at Michael, asking him who he was. That's when Luke rushed over inviting him in without consent. The boy shook his head, running his fingers through his hair and shut the door. Meanwhile Luke was setting Michael's things down, settling them both down on the small couch.

The boy yawned, sitting down on the love-seat criss-crossing his legs in the seat.

"Well you look like shit." Luke commented bluntly.

"Gee thanks." He responded in sarcasm.

This caused the boy to laugh. "It's almost twelve ya know."

He yawned again. "I don't care." He stretched his arms. "Who's he?"

"I'm Michael." He waved shyly.

"Michael? I've never heard you mention a Michael." He directed to Luke who was now turning on the PlayStation.

"Well I just met him so." He shrugged it off asking Michael if wanting to play Call of Duty.

"Whatever." He mumbled, turning to Michael again. "I'm Calum by the way." Sticking out his hand for him to shake. Michael rightfully shook it carrying on a conversation with him as Luke handed him a controller.

"Oh Cal." Luke spoke. The lad hummed in response.

"Order some pizza will ya? We're hungry." Eyes not once leaving the television screen.

Calum rolled his eyes but got up anyways. He headed for the kitchen ordering pizza for the boys. From his view, he eyed Michael suspiciously, feeling as if something was a bit off about the boy. He was also wondering why Luke would just invite a complete stranger over. But he shook it off for now, too tired to think anymore and headed back toward the living room.

_
A/N: AND THAT'S CHAPTER ONE. Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote o(^_^)o.

xx.J