He's gone mad

HERE WE GO, PART 2!

"Anything new?" Scott asked halfheartedly, not raising his tired eyes from looking over Lydia's shoulder at the computer screen.

"No." Derek grumbled, dumping his jacket on Scott's bed. "You?"

"We had an idea."

Derek's face lifted. An idea was more than they'd had in days. "Oh yeah?"

"Remember Maxia?" Lydia asked, typing away with furiously fast fingers and unmanicured nails. All three looked like they hadn't slept in days, when in reality, all they seemed to do was sleep by Stiles' side.

"The witch named after space?"

"Yeah." Lydia managed a small chuckle "I'm calling her now."

It took only a few minutes for Maxia to pick up. "Lydia! Sweetheart! How's things? Did you get the spell?"

"Yeah. Thank you so much. But we have a problem. Stiles has... Well..."

"He's gone mad."

"Derek."

"It may have been the demon possessing him or the spell but, all we need is a way to heal his mind."

Maxia frowned, then fumbled for a brown leather bound book on her desk. "I've heard of people going nutty after spells before, it happens to the most intelligent of us. There's no cure but... Ah. I have heard of a way in which you can heal mental illness."

"What is it?"

Maxia held a page of the book up to the camera. "Legend has it that Vampire blood is used to heal wounds. It's so strong that it can cure mental sickness. Unfortunately, not cancer."

"How do we find a vampire?"

"I know of one. 103 years old and slightly depressed but I'm not picky. He might just do you some good but be careful. Vampires are tricky creatures, they might stab you in the back."

"Thanks again, Max, we owe you."

"Speaking of which, Lydia hon, could you maybe help me decode my mothers spells sometime?"

"Sure. It's the least I can do"

"Thanks love. Ok, so I'll send you the Vamp's address, it's quite near you guys, so you're in luck."

***

"So you become a vampire by consuming vamp blood and dying with it in your system. Then you come back with fangs and a bloodlust." Lydia spewed yet another vampire fact at the two wolves sitting in front of her.

"I thought Max said it was close? We've been driving for nearly 3 hours."

"Stop complaining Derek." Scott turned to Lydia. "Does it say anything about Wolves?"

Lydia flicked through the bestiary. Turns out, vampires were there all along, just no one had actually read the book to find out.

"Yeah. 'A werewolf bite is fatal to a vampire and causes hallucinations and a slow, painful death.' That sounds fun."

"At least we know how to kill them." Derek slammed his teeth together repeatedly, biting imaginary vampires.

"That and a wooden stake." Lydia pulled one out from her jacket pocket.

"We're here Derek, pull over." Scott practically kept out of the car in anticipation. All three were feeling energised and hopeful, for the first time in weeks.

They found themselves in a grotty area, dead trees surrounded a street of run down houses and an office block. Derek stepped up to the large steel door and pounce on the rust with a large fist. The door creaked open and a small creaky voice whispered "come in."

"If that doesn't sound like a typical horror movie then I don't know what does." Lydia said, holding an arm out to stop Scott from bounding through the door.

"Oh for gods sake." A man's voice grumbled and he shuffled out from behind the door. "A guy try's to be stereotypical and creepy and what does he get? A lippy teenager. And then they ask me where the bats and coffins are!"

A young looking man, maybe 20, folded his arms as leaned against the doorframe. He wore a red tweed waistcoat with a white shirt beneath it,  black chords with rips, and his hair was swept into an elegant but messy quif. His outfit really didn't match his age, but the lip piercing and stretchers seemed to tie together with the monocle that hung from his waistcoat pocket. He gave off a messy/vintage vibe, and seemed like the kind of person that would smoke weed out of a pipe.

"Children. How may I help you?"

"We've come to ask a favour."

The vampire's lip quirked up and he raised an eyebrow. "Help? What do you need?"

"Your blood."

The vampire laughed. "You want my blood? Let me guess- a friend is fatally ill and you want to heal him?"

The three stood in silence, slightly afraid of this arrogant vampire that stood before them.

"It'll come at a price. Take me to them."

***

YAY I'm so happy to finally post this. Hope you guys enjoyed it!

Firstly, thank you for 6k reads. You are all amazing.

Also thanks for all the really nice comments, they make my day :)

I'd like to dedicate this to fandomstcries because I am a HUGE fan of their writing and you should all go check out 'Bruised', as it is so cute and sad and perfect and aw.

So yeah, thanks for reading, I'll see you soon with another update :)