24. By My Side

Maybe in the earlier stages of our relationship, if this happened, I would’ve cried and away or something irrational and stupid. But for some reason, this whole life experience has changed me – from posing as a super star to trying to make a career for myself – and I wasn’t going to believe that after all of this, everything I’ve been through with Zayn, he was willing to give it up so foolishly.

                You could see it in her eyes that when Cecelia Downey looked up, she was almost a mixture of shocked and annoyed that I ‘interrupted’. But the annoyance almost instantly turned to fear, like she was actually scared that if I told her mom then I could actually do some damage. I glared at her, feeling a twinge of happiness when Zayn pushed her off and she literally fell on the ground.

                “Unless you thought that letting you make out with my boyfriend was a part of the job description, then you are in serious trouble.” I snapped at her.

                Her eyes widened. “N-No, please don’t tell my mom! She’ll just ship me off again!”

                For a second, I felt sympathy for her.

                Then the second passed, and I rolled my eyes. “Just go to your room. We’ll talk later.”

                “I’m eighteen – you can’t tell me what to do and order me around like I’m a little girl! You’re probably the same age as me!” Cecelia retaliated out of pure fear. “You’re no different than the rest of my mom’s stupid assistants!”

                I didn’t even flinch. “We’ll see when I tell her. Go to your room.”

                She stomped off, eyes welled with tears. I let out a breath, looking over at Zayn and sucking in another. He knew that I trusted him and he knew that I wasn’t angry. He felt sorry for me that I had to deal with this: and I knew that because he gave me this look full of love and understanding and sadness like he shared my emotions.

                We didn’t need stupid high school drama in our life. We got enough of that from the whole Perrie-Lela fiasco. But for right now, it seemed like I just couldn’t get away from all of the drama.

~*~

                “Perrie Edwards reportedly was seen with Zayn Malik this past week; a source says they’ve been seeing each other every day and have a hard time letting go.” The E! news reporter said.

                I rolled my eyes. “Doesn’t anyone realize you’re not even in the same country?”

                He let out a breath. “Apparently not.”

                “The burden of being famous,” I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes with a smirk tugging at my lips. “Isn’t it just awful?”

                My boyfriend chuckled, making a sudden move by crawling on top of me, making us both fall back on the couch. He planted butterfly kisses all over my face, making me giggle and cause my smile to spread ear to ear. No matter how long we were together or what we were doing, he always made that stupid smile come back.

                “Stop,” I breathed through laughs when I heard a knock. “Someone’s here.”

                “Go away,” He groaned jokingly, refusing to budge.

                Finally, I pushed him off of me, pecking him on his pouting lips before I hopped up and opened the door. A face I definitely wasn’t expecting appeared, and I immediately straightened up, trying to look as put together as you could be in your boyfriends’ tee shirt and a pair of running shorts.

                “Debra,” I said, and then coughed to even out my voice. “What are you doing here?”

                She lifted her sunglasses, giving me a once over. “What are you wearing?”

                I bit my lip. “Well, it’s my day off, so…”

                She shook her head. Ugh. “No, no, no. That won’t do. I need to drive Cecelia to the airport and then I have a meeting with the head of Dulce and Gabanna – you need to run the spring photo shoot today.”

                My eyes immediately widened. “But – I don’t know how to run a photo shoot!”

                “Sure you can.”

                “I thought I had the day off!”

                “There’s no such thing as a day off when you work for me,” She said, almost bored as she slid her sunglasses back to cover her eyes. “Besides, I delivered the news personally. Photo shoot is at four and I’ll send you the address – don’t be late.”

                And with that, one of the most powerful women in fashion walked away from me, leaving me to just stare at a closed door. I turned around and Zayn was looking at me, like he was concerned for what I was going to do. But… what was I going to do? He walked over and wrapped his arms around me, whispering soothing words followed by more soothing butterfly kisses.

                I smiled, letting out a breath into the crook of his neck, holding him in a hug. This could either be my first big break or my first chance to mess up massively – but Zayn was by my side supporting me, and with that, it was like I could take on the world.

                I guess we’ll find out.

_____________________________________

yes this is the end

its sudden but like all of my endings to stories, it has a meaning. 

the meaning and explanation is NOT clear to some people, so bear with me. do not comment "bad ending but good story" "sucky ending" or "is this actually over or is this a joke bc its a terrible ending". IT MEANS SOMETHING.

it's showing her struggle is finally starting, and she's finally forming a life away from the whole 'perrie-lela' thing. she's finally dealing with her own struggles and career and life and she has her boyfriend by her side to help her. so pls no do not say its a bad ending bc all of my endings are good to me

YES I WILL MAKE AN EPILOGUE BUT LIKE THIS CHAPPY YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO WAIT A LONG TIME

sry

i love you all ok