9. New Start

Day one of my self-intervention included a completely new outlook on this whole pretending gig. I needed to stop being so aware of every little thing Zayn did; he wasn't my boyfriend. Which also meant that for the remainder of my time here, I would have to start acting more professional.

Professional did not mean act more like the real Perrie in any way though. She was a bitch, from what I gathered - so there was no way I was going to keep going along as I had in the beginning, blindly letting people hate me. No, they would love the new 'Perrie', and learn who Lela really was.

Confusing, I know, but at least it made sense to me.

"Hello?" Niall answered groggily when he answered his phone.

I was practically bouncing up and down with happiness, chirping, "Morning, sleepy head. You have twenty minutes to get ready, because I'm on my way over now."

He groaned. "Why? It's so early!"

I rolled my eyes, stopping at the red light. "No, it's past noon. We have errands to run today."

The Irish boy grumbled, "Make Zayn do them."

"You don't want to spend time with me?" I asked, using my guilt card that always worked. "I thought we were friends, and I was so excited for today, and..."

I didn't even have to finish before he groaned: "You suck. I'll be ready in fifteen."

I grinned, "Fantastic."

Hanging up, I drove all the way to the blonde-haired boys house, humming along to the songs on the radio. I stopped in front of his apartment and honked the horn, and then grabbed my phone to see why it had made noises when I was driving. Still humming to the radio, I scrolled through my twitter.

At the top was a grumpy morning tweet from Niall himself, telling his millions of twitter followers about how I was forcing him to get up and I giggled, rolling my eyes. My phone buzzed again, and I saw a text from Zayn.

Remember; party at 8 tonight. Don't let Niall forget! Xx

The little 'x's were his signature sign-off, but I couldn't help but smile and think it was cute of him. Double-checking my phone calender, I saw that Perrie had indeed helped me by putting in as an event: press thing 8 PM. She really was descriptive.

"Tell me where we're going again?" I heard a tired voice say as the car passenger seat opened.

I glanced at Niall and grinned. "Well don't you look nice."

He glanced down at his polo, and then up at me. "Don't get too excited, I didn't dress up for you. Where are we going?"

I took the fact that he repeated his question as a sign that he was still grumpy.

And if there was one thing I knew, it was how to make an annoyed Niall unannoyed.

"First stop: Nandos."

He grinned a crooked grin at me. "Okay, I'm starting to like this day a bit more."

~*~

"Oh, darling," My make-up artist said as she stepped back, a hint of a smirk on her lips. "You're by far my greatest creation."

I rolled my eyes and stood up to walk towards the mirror, but she stopped me. Turning around, I looked at her confusedly before realizing she was holding up my dress, silently saying that I should see myself when I'm a thousand percent made-up. So, handing me the expensive dress, she turned around, giving me privacy.

I learned quickly that there really was no such thing as privacy, though. You wanted to get changed? Your make-up artist and probably whoever was going to do your hair would be there, too. Among famous celebrities, 'privacy' wasn't something they got too often unless they were alone in their own house.