“IF YOU DON’T WANT TO HEAR IT THEN DON’T DO STUPID THINGS LIKE SLAM THE DOOR IN MY FACE!” and with that he knew his mum had turned to go into her bedroom and slammed it shut.

Way to teach me not to slam doors mum, Casper rolled his eyes. He could faintly hear the voice of his dad through the wall grumbling that the whole street could hear them and he could never get any sleep.

Casper sighed and went to change out of his clothes. They were slightly sticking to his skin in a way that was totally gross and cold.

 He passed his mirror to get to his pyjama drawer, froze and did a double take back to the mirror.

Dear God. He looked a fucking mess.

The first thing Casper noticed was his shirt clinging to his chest like a second skin and damp with sweat.  The collar hung in a way that it looked like it had been grabbed and stretched, Casper knew that if pulled it over to the right side he would see dark bruises forming on his pale skin and a huge bite mark on his shoulder as he could feel throb. His hair was an absolute riot, sticking up at every angle and the ends glued to his neck and forehead. His lips were bright pink and swollen and his eyes were blown wide, as if they held a sudden realisation, like they’d seen the meaning of life but his brain hadn’t quite caught up yet.

Casper groaned into his hands and parked his ass on his bed and leaned over his legs and groaned some more.  If that wasn’t enough evidence for what had happened he didn’t know what was. It was supposed to be a stupid game! It was supposed to feel entirely gross, something he could handle. Not something so incredibly amazing that he felt that he just wanted to do it again and again. Something he wished that had lasted longer...

Casper gave a slight whimper and shook his hair in frustration. Stupid James. He was obviously under the influence of peer pressure and alcohol.

 Yeah. That was it. He was slightly tipsy; he didn’t have full control of himself.

Yeah, especially when his tongue slipped- SHUT UP! SHUT UP! He smacked his head, trying to erase whatever his brain was trying to tell him. It was just a game and he was drunk, James was probably drunk too, it was a party right? Who wasn’t drunk? Certainly not him, that was for sure. Casper gave off a slightly manic laugh out loud to the darkness in his room before flopping down onto his bed.

And here he was; staring at the ceiling for god knows how long.

He had kissed a guy. He had liked kissing a guy.

 Not just any guy. The one he hated with every fibre of his being and he had liked it. Loved it even. And it had felt just... right, in every way possible and honestly, that scared Casper.  It scared Casper more than anything he’d ever experienced.

Was he gay?

He couldn’t be. He knew he liked girls.

Then why?

Casper decided that there was no way he was going to get answers with alcohol still in his system and the fact that it was almost four in the morning. He pulled back his covers and wrapped himself in them like a cocoon, like he could just block out the rest of the world.

At least he didn’t have to face James and the rest till Monday. As long as he didn’t leave his front door as James had the tendency to pop up whenever he did as if he had installed some sort of censor just to annoy and creep him out.

It would be fine, everybody would have forgotten about it by Monday and everything would be back to normal.

Casper fell asleep for the second time that morning with a conflicted frown between his brows.