POSTCARD

Cuzco, Peru,

February 12

Guntur,

When I'm sending this postcard, it's two days before Valentine's Day. I usually don't celebrate it, after all, why should wait a year to show someone that you love him/her? But here I am, sending you my love and wishing I could teleport myself there to shower you with love. Machu Picchu was simply amazing! The trekking was hard, but it totally paid off! The hardest trekking I'd ever had. Got some bruises here and there, but I'm okay. I miss you more and more every day. Time seems running extremely slow here. But, there's a mission I need to accomplish.

Kiss,

K

***

Quito, Ecuador,

February 25

Guntur,

Sorry for not writing to you from Lima. I was in such a rush that I decided to stay there for one night only, and then moving on the north. Quito, to my surprise, is more beautiful than Lima. Every corner in this city feels like those old photos I used to see in the historical books. Nothing much has changed. The building, colorful roof, tiles, the cobblestone street, and the church! There are 86 churches here (Or so, I was told) and when the bells ring at the same time, I put on the headphone and raise the volume. Can you imagine how noisy it is? Expect to get a postcard from Colombia, my love. Impossible not to think about you every time I sit down by myself and writing these words.

Love,

K

***

Bogotá, Colombia,

March 1

Guntur,

Reached Bogotá yesterday early in the morning and went directly to Tequendama Falls. The fall is quite challenging to the point of dangerous. From what I read and told, it's three times higher than Niagara Falls. My body was protesting that I just fell asleep last night and skipping my dinner and bath. If you were here, I would not stand near you because I smelled really bad! :) I went to this bookstore, called Librería Bucholz and it's one of the best bookshops I've ever been since I started my South American trip. I think, you're going to love the atmosphere, even though most of the books are in Spanish, but they have a small section of books in English.

Thinking of you,

K

***

Caracas, Venezuela,

March 8

Guntur,

I spent two days in Mérida and stayed with a friend of a friend who introduced us. He speaks no English, so we spoke in Spanish. Been a while since I didn't speak any English at all. And that city in the slope of Andes is simply stunning. It reminds me of Bedugul in some ways. Arrived in Caracas this afternoon and decided to walk a bit in the city. So many motorbikes and skyscrapers! There's a sense of loss after the serenity of Mérida, but it's my first impression. I know there will be more about Caracas.

Kissing you deeply,

K

***

San Jose, Costa Rica,

March 14

Guntur,