Chapter twenty-seven

Jade was numb as tears streamed down her face. She had a gut feeling that it was Kendrick, but right now she didn't want to voice it. She knew that it wouldn't be any proof. His family had money so anything he did he would get off which is why he is still walking free from his other rap charge. He will surely regret ever laying a hand on Janetta Matthews.

As soon as they pulled up to Atlanta Medical Jade jumped out. She quickly made her way into the ER. People milled about as she walked to the nurses desk. She felt De'Ante's presence behind her and she thanked God that she had him. He had called Marah and Kevin. They were on their way.

"Excuse me can I get some assistance?" Jade leaned over the counter.

"Could you hold on for a second?"

"No the fuck I can't hold on. You gon' be holding on if you don't assist me right damn now!" Jade yelled as tears streamed down her face.

"Baybeh." De'Ante squeezed her arms to calm her down.

"She fucking got time. My mother is back there and sh-"

"Are you Jade Matthews?" A female voice rang out.

"Yes. Please tell me my mother is okay?"

"I'm Nurse Wilder. I called you, but let's step down the hall. The doctor is in with her now."

"Is my mother okay?"

Before the nurse could respond the doctor walked out of her room. He approached them and introduced himself as Dr. Lewis. "Miss Matthews your mother is in stable condition, but she had severe tearing from the forced entry. She has a broken nose and a fractured jaw. One of her eyes is completely shut. The police want to talk to her, but right now I have her heavily sedated. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this, but we are taking good care of her." He smiled.

"Thank you so much can I see her?"

"Yes. She is in room 128

Jade turned and looked at De'Ante. "Will you go in with me. I can't do this shit alone."

"Baybeh you kno' I got you." He pulled her into him and kissed her forehead.

"I love you so much baby."

"I love you too."

Jade grabbed his hand and walked to the room where the doctor told her to go. She hesitated before going inside. She took a deep breath and pushed the door open. As soon as she saw her mother she almost fell to her knees, but De'Ante caught her.

"Oh my God. Look at what the sick bastard did to my mother." Tears streamed down her face as Ante held her up.

De'Ante was trying his hardest to be strong but the tears that escaped couldn't be stopped. He adored mama Matthews and to know some sick bastard did this to her sent him into a rage. It broke him knowing that Jade was hurting so bad. Jade reached out and touched her mothers hand.

"Mama I'm here. I promise the sick motherfucker that did this will die." Jade said not batting an eye.

"I have your buddy here with me and he is being my support, my strength and my rock." She cried leaning over the railing.

"Jade you gotta be strong right na' fa' your momma. She needs you. I kno' you hurting. I'm hurting because she means so much to me too. I hurting even more because you are hurting. Be as strong fa' her as you can be and you I will be your strength whea' you weak."

"Jade...."

"Momma." Jade lightly caressed her forehead.

"I-I- tired to fight him off." Tears streamed down Janetta's face.

"Momma I know you did. It's not your fault."

"I asked God to save me. I-I tho-"

"Mama Matthews God saved you but unfortunately fa' the pussy ass nigga that did this God ain't gon' help him."

"Thank you for being her for my daughter and thank you for loving her. She needed a real man like you in her life." Janetta looked at him out of her that wasn't injured.

"And she was what I needed. I needed a real woman like Jade. She got her strength, intellect and gracious beauty from a woman with so much character and class." He leaned down and kissed her forehead.

She nodded as tears streamed down her face. "I feel so dirty and I don't feel beautiful. He robbed me of what character and class I had. He made me feel like some ragged whore."

Jade fell into her mothers arm and cried with her. This was something that neither thought they would have to go through. Jade knew that Kendrick did this all because of her. What he failed to realize is that he signed his own death certificate.

"Babe can I be alone with my mother for a while?"

"Jade you didn't even have ta' ask. I love you Jade and I'ma always be hea' fa you." He pecked her lips and touched Janetta's hand.

He walked out and posted up against the wall. This brought back so many memories. Memories that he didn't let surface because he didn't feel the need to talk about it, but after this shit they hit him full force. He remembered the night that his father was so drunk that he beat and raped his mother. Although it was when he was a young boy the memories were still fresh. There was still things that Jade didn't know about him. They weren't anything bad, but still.

"Aye man you alright?" Kev asked.

De'Ante looked up at Kev and Marah and realized that he had zoned out. "Yeah I'm good. Just giving Jade some time alone with her mother."

"How is she Marah asked?"

"Not good. I just wonder who the fuck did this shit. The shit is fucked up." De'Ante said as he balled his fist in anger.

"Bruh its some sick ass motherfuckers out here. And the ones that do shit like this deserve to have they sit cut off." Kev said in anger.

"You right about dat shit. Something ain't sitting right with dis whole thing though. I mean I feel like dis was some personal shit."

"What the hell you mean?" Kev asked.

"I know." Marah said.

"I think Kendrick had something to do with this. And when I get my hands on him he gon' wish he crawled in a hole and died because I'ma kill his ass." De'Ante said with an evil glare.

Marah and Kev looked at each other knowing he meant every word of what he was saying. They watched as he walked down the hall in deep thought. Kev knew the story behind the anger and he could put money on it he had never told Jade. He had blocked out what happened back then out of his mind.

*******

"Kendrick I changed everything at Jade's shop and when she gives that first tattoo everything will be set in place. What did you do?"

"Oh nothing just put a little roughness in somebody's life. Nothing too major. I'm sure they got the message loud and clear. Kendrick smirked.

Eboni looked at him and felt a chill from what he said. It was something in the way he said what he said. She wanted to make Jade's and De'Ante's life a living hell, but she wasn't trying to do no sinister type shit. She shook it off for now because she was on a natural high from what she hand done.

*******

"Jayden its me De"Ante and I need you to get back to my asap. It's about Kendrick. I think that he raped Jade's mother. I got a job for you. Hit me back asap." He ended the call.

Let's see how dumb you really are Kendrick and how little you value your life......

Excuse Mistakes!