Chapter Fifty-five

Three weeks later......

Jade got back in the routine of things. She blocked Ante out of her mind as best as she could. If it were only easy to block him out of her heart. Jade knew that wasn't happening. So much happened that it took a toll on everybody. Jade could understand how Ante was feeling; it was the fact that he laid it all on her right after what she had gone through.

Jade would never understand and she wasn't about to try to. She focused on her client making sure that she had the intricate letters flowing on her side. Jade got a thrill out of bring art to life. Being that she would be three months next week she had an appointment set for then. Ante wanted to be apart of it so she kept him informed.

He always checked on her and made sure that she and the baby were doing fine. It was weird because they hadn't seen each other since the kidnapping and Jade couldn't lie and say that she didn't miss him terribly. At this point she was learning to cope with the way things were.

"Boo you okay?" Blu asked as she stood in the doorway.

"Yeah, why?"

"Just making sure you good." She gave Jade a reassuring smile.

Jade smiled back but the smile didn't quite reach her eyes. The light that was once in her eyes had dimmed completely. Shaking it off she finished her handiwork and waited for her next client to arrive. While she waited she received a text from Ante.

Hey just checking on you and wanted to make sure you were good.

I'm good. A little tired. Thx for checking up on me. How r u?

I'm good. U need anything?

No thank you.

Well I will check on you later.

Okay.

Jade laid her phone on her work table and sighed heavily. All she wanted was some normalcy. Things were so all over the place. Well her emotions were all over the place and it didn't help that she was pregnant. She touched her small baby bump and smiled. She heard the beep the front door and she assumed that it was her client.

She made sure that she had cleaned everything up from her other client. While she was busy moving things around Ante walked in and watched her. She wasn't aware that he was there. As soon as she turned around she clutched her chest.

"The hell? You can't be creeping up on me like that." She frowned.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want ta' walk up on you and scare you even more." He flashed a boyish grin.

"What brings you by?" Jade looked up at him and couldn't help but admire how fine he was.

"I wanted to see if you were free for lunch."

"Um I'm expecting another client in a few. Maybe we can grab dinner." She said tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Okay that works for me. You okay though?" Ante asked stepping into the room.

"Yeah." She tilted her head to look up at him.

De'Ante stepped closer and caressed her cheek while staring deep in her eyes. The love that shone behind his brown orbs was very evident. No words were needed because their eyes were communicating what their mouth wasn't.

"Well I guess I better go." Ante said still towering over her.

"Okay. I will see you later."

He pulled her into a tight embrace and Jade took comfort in his hold. It took everything in her not to break down and cry. The man standing there holding her was the love of her life and it was killing her that they were apart, but maybe this is what they needed to really be able to move forward.