Chapter 20 - Student Meeting

Comincia dall'inizio

"Jiju has called for a student meeting today." Aisha announced.

"What?" I asked feeling shocked and confused. Where as Monika asked,"Why?"

"I don't know about that. But I heard he wants to announce few things and talk about few things too." Aisha said.

"Is that what he is surprising me with?" I mumbled to myself.

But my friends heard me and stared at me, waiting for me to continue.

"Raj messaged me in morning saying he has a surprise for me and I will see it in the college." I informed them.

"Oh!" They both said.

"Could it be that he will announce to everyone about you both?" Aisha asked while feeling excited.

"No. I don't think so." Monika said.

"Then? What is this student meeting for? What's his surprise?" I asked them.

"We will have to wait for it now." Monika stated.

I frowned at that.

"C'mon we have to go. The meeting is at the top floor hall." Aisha informed us.

With that, we all walked upstairs. We met manvi and her friends on the way.

I still didn't like that Manvi hasn't left the thought to make Raj hers. She is still stubborn about it.

Idiot girl she is. Trying to get what isn't hers. I thought angrily to myself.

I saw Aarul on the way up to the hall. He saw me too and gave me a small smile. His eyes looked tired and bloodshot like he couldn't sleep properly at night.

I smiled back in return.

He then turned and went down the stairs.

Why didn't he come up? Every student was called for meeting. I thought.

My friends and I went to the hall and took a place in the third line.

Manvi and her friends took the places in first line.

Few minutes later, Principal and Raj entered the hall and took their places on the dias. Everyone started to settle down when Principal cleared his throat to get our attention. Still Aarul didn't come.

I was getting worried for him.

I broke out of my thoughts when Principal started talking.

"Good morning students and Veer." Principal said cheerfully.

"Good morning." We all replied back.

"We are gathered here today because the Co-Founder of our college wants to announce few things and talk to you guys about few things too." Principal informed us.

"Oh!" Few students said.

"Yes. May I welcome, Mr. Rajveer Kapoor on stage please." Principal said while gesturing to Raj.

Raj gets up and comes and stand at the centre of the stage.

Raj looks around the room and when he finds me, he gave me a small smile and started talking.

"Good evening students. Some of you might not know me. But I'm Rajveer Kapoor, my grandfather was the Co-Founder of this college. You can call me Veer sir." Raj said.

After waiting for few moments, he continues,"I want to let you guys know that I love the college how much I have seen and known till now. I want to thank you guys for still keeping the college's reputation good."