Chapter Six Cyrus' POV

Start from the beginning

"Wha-"

She cut me off when she placed her hands on either side of my head and I felt magic was over me. I pulled away as few memories came flooding back to me.

My eyes widened and my lips parted, trying to form words. "I-I... I hurt him," I whispered. "I hurt... all of them..." I looked up at the Oracle. "No... No, it can't be true..."

"But it is, Cyrus," she stated. "Would you like me to finish restoring your memory?"

She moved to put her hands back on my head but I stumbled backwards. "No... I don't want to know."

"You don't wish to know how powerful you are?"

"No!" 

I turned around and I ran. I was going to go back to Neal and Mulan but I knew that at any moment I could burst into tears and I didn't want them to see me cry. When I was far enough away from the Oracle, I sat down by a tree and covered my face, taking in deep breaths to calm myself as silent tears began to slip down my cheeks.

It can't be true... I refused to believe it. I would never hurt Felix, I would never hurt anyone! But still, the memories were so vivid.

The Oracle said that I chose to forget everything because of what I did and what I will do. What could be worse than what I already did? Fear washed over me as I wondered what I was destined to do. But if I couldn't remember how powerful I was, I wouldn't be able to do anything wrong, right?

Magic... I really had magic? It didn't seem possible. I couldn't stand people with magic. They were so cocky, always believing that they were better than everyone else. Was that the way I was?

I stayed in the forest the rest of the night, getting a few more hours of sleep. I woke up at dawn and decided to return to the others. I walked numbly through the trees until I finally reached the clearing. Mulan and Neal were about to leave; they hadn't noticed me yet.

"Neal, Mulan..." I said shakily.

They turned to look at me. "Where have you been?" Mulan asked.

I glanced at Neal and he gave me a look that said he hadn't told her about what happened last night. "I um, I couldn't sleep so I decided to go on a walk to clear my head... I was still a bit shaken up from the creature that I encountered yesterday while looking for my brother," I lied. "I'm afraid I got lost."

"Well, you found your way back right on time then," she said. "We were just leaving."

I gave a small nod and within the minute, we were walking again. Mulan took the lead and Neal hung back with me. "What'd you find last night?" he asked quietly.

"An oracle," I replied simply.

"What did it tell you?"

"I-I'd rather not say..."

He raised an eyebrow and looked at me. "You don't like what you found out, do you?" he asked and I shook my head. "Was it something you will do?"

"Something that I did do," I mumbled.

"You regret it?"

"Greatly..."

"Then it shouldn't scare you," he said, glancing at Mulan to make sure she was listening to our conversation as he knew that it would be best that she didn't see me as a threat. "If you regret what you did then chances are you won't do anything like it again."

I shrugged. "So, where exactly are you two going?"

Neal hesitated. "I'm trying to get back to my family. They uh, they're in a different land..."

"The Land without Magic?" I questioned.

He nodded. "How did you know?"

"I... I was there before I started looking for my brother..."

He looked shocked. "Where were you when you were there?"

"New York," I paused. "Then Storybrooke."

"Storybrooke?" he asked quickly.

"Yeah, you've been there?"

"That's where I'm trying to get back to," he frowned. "Did you know Emma Swan, by any chance?"

"No, but I heard about her. I think she was in New York when I was there."

He nodded. "How long were you there, then?"

"Only for a little while until I found my way back here."

He nodded and was about to say something else when Mulan interrupted, "We're only a few miles from the village, we'll drop you off there, ok, Cyrus?"

"Um, yeah, thanks," I said.

I wanted to ask Neal more about the Land without Magic and more importantly, how he was planning on getting there. Maybe I could use the same method to get to Neverland...

If only I could figure out a way to stay with him and Mulan longer.

•••

What's Cyrus' destiny? Any guesses? What did she do to 'them' and what was so horrible that she had to get rid of her own memory to prevent her from doing it? Truth be told, I don't really have a definite idea... But I know what's gonna happen so, that's a plus, right?

Anyway, guys, check out my new story on here please! It's really... different and I want some feedback on it to know if it's good or not!

So, comment and vote!
~Jordyn