Brynjolf X Reader: Goose Chase

A reminder:
Y/N = your characters name I'm
H/L = hair length
H/C = hair color
Y/R = your characters race
POV = point of view
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

POV: Narrator

"Hey, lass." Brynjolf smiled and nodded to a clever, beautiful Y/R, quick witted, talented thief. That was what Brynjolf thought at least. And the thief he was talking about was you. You were never one to boast, but all of the Thieves Guild knew you were the best thief there was in Riften, even if they wanted to admit it or not. Now, Brynjolf has had this crush on this gal for awhile now. Of course he does because that's completely  not cliché.

POV: Reader

"Hey, Brynjolf, do you know where Delvin is?" I asked the red head.

"I couldn't tell ya' lass... I think he's on a job." Brynjolf shrugged.

"Hmm... Okay, I just needed to do this job with him, but-"

"Wait, you need a partner for a job, well why didn't you ask me?" Brynjolf smirked.

"Well, you're always saying that you have more important things to do so I thought you were too busy like usual..." I sighed.

"I'm sorry about that, lass. I think I have things under control now... I could certainly do that job with you." Brynjolf said sincerely.

"That's quite a kind offer, Brynjolf, Alright are you ready right now?" I said twiddling with my H/L, H/C hair.

"Right now?!"

"Did I stutter?" I smirk.

"Alright, lass, let's get going on this job."

"Good, we need to get going right away. Delvin said we need to go to some thief shrine or something... It's near Whiterun..." I say, in deep thought.

"Hmm... Sounds kinda sketchy."

"Yeah that's what I was thinking.... Delvin said if know what to "borrow" when I got there... But I'm not sure..."

"Interesting... Well let's get going, lass." Brynjolf smiled.

POV: Narrator
Little did you know Brynjolf and Delvin had this all planed...
~time skip to the middle of the trip~

"I feel like we've been riding these horses for the whole era!" Brynjolf laughed.

"Maybe we have." I laughed along with him.

"Hey, Y/N, do you know how long we've known each other?" Brynjolf asked, randomly.

"Hmm... About 4 years, right?"

"Yeah, isn't it crazy? We've changed so much from when we first met..."

"Brynjolf, did you snort some skooma before we left?" I laughed.

"Hey!" Brynjolf yelled.

"I'm just saying because I have no idea what you're going on about."

"I'm saying..." Brynjolf jumped up his horse. I stopped my horse and hopped off him/her.

"Bryn, you're scaring me..." I half smile. Brynjolf then hold onto my hands. He gently holds onto them and looks into my eyes.

"Y/N, me and Delvin set this up. It's a wild goose chase..." Brynjolf confesses.

"Wait, what? Why?" I asked somewhat upset.

"Y/N... I've been meaning to do this for awhile..." Brynjolf said, as he rushed in and crashed his lips into mine. I stood shocked for a couple of seconds, but the. I eased into the kiss. After what felt like a lifetime we had to let go to catch a breath.

"B-b-Brynjolf I-" I stuttered still shocked.

"I love you, lass!" Brynjolf said quickly.

"I... I love you too." I whispered.

"What?" Brynjolf smirked.

"I love you, Brynjolf!" I yelled and wrapped my arms around his neck and jumped into his arms.

"Woah lass!" Brynjolf yelled and fell over.

"So you had to put me on a wild goose chase just to say you loved me?" I smirked.

"Well... Yeah." Brynjolf chuckled.