Mercer Frey X Reader: Stupid

(Idea is from @that-fanfic-chic ! Thanks for the idea~)

[ALSO. Sorry for no update last weekend, but in other news, THANKS FOR 1.25 OF LITTLE TOASTERS, OR POPTARTS, OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO BE CALLED]

25 OF LITTLE TOASTERS, OR POPTARTS, OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO BE CALLED]

Sorry if there's weird spellcheck errors. My phone is weird. It likes to make Brynjolf "Brunkolf," Mercer "Mercedes" and a lot of other weirdness! Sorry I didn't have time to proof read it!

Okay now onto the story...

Y/N's POV:

"Are you dense?" Mercer's voice bellows throughout the Ragged Flagon. "You thought you could steal from the jarl?! This is an URN. I repeat: DEAD PEOPLE ARE INSIDE OF THIS, and you thought no one would notice?"

Oh yes... my latest scheme, did not end well. Of course Brynjolf was there too, and no one really noticed that we did it... they did notice it was missing, and by "it" I mean some old pot, that Brynjolf said was cool, and to get it. So yeeeeeessss Mercer... it was all me; I did sooooo bad.

I sigh and look at Brynjolf, who looks at me, grins, then shrugs.

"Hello, Y/N?!" He huffs, then mutters, "I'll just deal with this myself..."

"Wow, dealing with your own problems for once." I snicker under my breath.

Mercer hears me, but continues to walk away.

"Do you want to get kicked out?" Rune says from behind me.

I turn around and think for a moment. "It was Brynjolf's idea, and Mercer needs me."

Rune goes to say something, then holds his tongue and laughs a bit. "I guess... just be careful. I know both of you have a tempter at times-"

"I have a temper at times. Mercer has a tempter constantly." I correct him, causing a laugh out of Brynjolf who then walks up and joins our conversation.

"Rune is right lass, you should be cautious."

"Mercer only has two moods: Angry or furious." I say.

"It may seem like that; but you don't know him like I do. He is more than you see." Bryn says.

**Two Days Later**

"Y/N!" Brynjolf's bloodcurdling scream echoes throughout my head.

Yep. Another scheme gone wrong.

This time we attempted to steal a sword that was in a glass box in the Jarls room, but little did we know, there were more guards on patrol than last time, and we were caught. The guards didn't even question us; they just began to fire a barrage of arrows at us. While we were almost to the ratways, I got struck with two of those arrows. One in the left calf, and one in the left side of my torso.

I flop to the ground, but quickly get up and sprint with all my might to the ratway doors, which one we get in; Bryn slams them shut and locks it as good as he can. "After we cross the bridge, well put it up so they can't get across. Now we need to get you to the Ragged Flagon as fast as we can, can you walk anymore?" He rambles and asks me as I'm slouched against a wall.

I poke the arrow in my torso and grab it with both of my hands, which causes an almost scream from Bryn.

"Don't pull it! Talos!" He huffs as he goes to help me up but then we see a shadow of a figure in the doorway. I look up to see Mercer Frey with concern all over his face.

"Y/N, and Brynjolf: what in oblivion happened?! How could you let this happen to her?!" He yells as he walks up to me and inspects my wounds.

He scoops me up in his arms, which causes enough pain to make me feel I'm going to die right then and there.

Mercer notices my burst of pain, and I swear I see his eyes watering .

"Lift the bridge!" He yells, his voice fading away, until I hear nothing, feel nothing, and everything is black.

***

My eyes flutter open to an unknown room. My body aches and head is pounding. I try to sit up, but immediately feel nauseous, and fall back down.

I look to my left to see an empty chair, and mountain flowers sit atop the end table.

"You're awake?" A shocked Mercer smiles.

"So, you can smile."

"Feeling good enough to want to argue with me, already?"

"You're the one who starts it, anyways." I tease and then grab one purple mountain flower that was on the end table.

"Y/N... I..." He stutters with a small blush on his face, then smirks, "Don't do anything stupid like that again."