Chapter Fifteen

Magsimula sa umpisa

If I lost then I would never find out about my dad.

The man had made it clear from day one that I would only have one chance at a fight with him. If I lost then I wasn’t aloud to bother him again.

I turned around anger flowing through my veins.

This time when he came towards me I stood my ground and waited. He reached me in no time and threw a punch. I dodged it and grabbed his hand twisting it and flipping him over. He sprung to his feet quickly ready to pounce.

I sent a kick into his side and smirked when I reached my target. I didn’t get in another hit because this time he was waiting for me. He grabbed my arm and twisted it behind my back, until I cried in pain. If he moved it one more inch I knew that it would break.

“Round one over.” I clenched my teeth when I realised that he had just beat me. “Marley you have two more rounds to beat him. If you lose both of them then its game over.”

I cracked my knuckles before moving away from him. Calculating my moves.

“Begin!” The crowd shouted. He approached me and thrust his knee in to my stomach before I could think about what was happening. He threw a punch in to my jaw. I fall back onto the ground, gasping in pain. The round had only began and he had already won.

Shit.

“Round two over. Marley loses again!” Xavier shouted this time. I shot him a glare before pulling myself up. In a instant Blake and Brody were by my side helping me up.

“I can’t do it,” I whispered looking up at them with tears in my eyes.

This man whoever he was was far to good for me. I couldn’t do.

I was going to lose.

“Marley listen to me. You are stronger then anyone I have ever seen. I know that you can beat him you just have to stop fighting for revenge. Don’t let your anger control you. Let your mind and your heart take over,” Blake told me. Without waiting for my reply they both made there way over to side of the circle.

I took another deep breath and tried my hardest to get rid of all the anger. I let my instincts take over. I let my heart be in control.

I closed my eyes and listened to everything around me. The trees, the birds, the water. I listened to the breaths of everyone around me, the murmurs of people as they waited in anticipation.

When I finally opened my eyes again I knew that something in me had changed. I didn’t just have my body to help me. I had nature.

Holding my head high I let the power I felt flow through me. It was if something had possessed me. I felt different. I felt strong.

“Now you are ready” the man said smiling at me. I frowned, I hadn’t even fought him. “You are finally at one.”