Chapter Twenty-nine

Start from the beginning

I looked in the mirror and them immediately looked away. I didn't see myself the way I am right now. I saw myself with runny mascara, smudged eyeliner, swollen lips, and tear stained cheeks. I wanted cry.

I looked at the door as it opened and I immediately straightened my compasure. I bit back the tears as a little girl and her mother came in and then I sighed.

I went back to Michael once my eyes dried and he looked at me. "What happened at that party?" He asked me as he folded his arms on the table.

"We-We talked upstairs-"

"Funny, he said you guys just sat and talked outside where no one was." He told me and I gulped. "Which one of you are lying to me?"

"I-I-I can't-" I struggled to say, not wanting to cry. I had my purse with me yes, and it had some make up in there yes, but I didn't want to do my make-up again.

"You'll tell me when we get home." He said and I nodded. "So, how's that weather?"

"Kinda cold, kinda warm, like my heart." I said and nodded. "It's nice." I said and he laughed.

"Just like your heart eh?" He asked and I nodded. "What kind of Tumblr posts have you been stalking?"

"Your account." I said and the guy came over with our drinks. I didn't want to drink mine since I was afraid he did something to it, but I did anyways so Michael so can't get even more suspicious.

"I hope you like hot chocolate. I got that for you because I don't think you'd appreciate coffee." He told me and I nodded.

"Thank you." I said and he shrugged. "What does that tattoo mean?" I asked him as I pointed to the weird pointy thing on his arm.

"It means home, but in video game nerd language." He told me and I nodded. "So what do you want to eat?"

"Oh, oh yeah uh," I said and opened the menu. "I don't know. What should I get?"

"I want a lot for breakfast because we may not have time to stop for lunch. LA is such a busy, busy city." He told me and I nodded.

"Maybe I'll eat chicken and waffles. I've never had that combination before." I told him and he nodded. "Wait, doesn't your album come out today?"

"Yeah, but somehow you got it earlier." He said and I blushed. "Mind explaining?"

"I was on Tumblr and I saw the links and stuff. I felt bad, I did, but I had to because I'm curious and I have to. I just felt the need to do it. So I listened to the songs and then downloaded them. It's great by the way. I love it." I told him and he laughed.

"What's your favorite song then?" He asked me and I looked at him. "Which ones do you like the most?"

"I like Invisible, Vapor, and Outer Space/Carry On." I told him and he nodded. "They're great songs and I could also tell you Jacob's favorite. We listened to it on the Halloween bash." I said and he nodded.

"What songs does he like off of the album then?" Michael asked me and I looked at him.

"His favorites are Jet Black Heart, Broken Home, Invisible, and Outer Space/Carry On." I told him confidently and he nodded. "He told me that those were his favorites."

"That's kind of worrying, seeing as the are the darker songs and stuff." Michael said and I nodded. "Is he okay?"

"A little banged up from life, but he's fine. He told me that he was doing fine." I told him and he nodded.

"Are you ready to order?" The guy asked and Michael looked at me.

"She wants the chicken with waffles." He ordered for me and I smiled gratefully. "She saw a shirtless picture of Harry Styles, that's all. She's a bit too... flustered to talk I guess.."

"Oh god." I groaned and out my head down. Michael laughed and then ordered his own plate.

"Would you like refills on your drinks?"

"Yes please." Michael said and then patted my shoulder. "He's gone love." Michael said and I nodded as I put my head up.

"Can I just say, that was a pathetic excuse but I'm glad you used something reasonable." I told him and he laughed.

"You know he's hot." He told me and I nodded. "So, Ashton said he was teaching you one of our songs on drums?"

"Yeah, it was Don't Stop. He said since I learned it so easily, if I wanted, I could try to do Over And Out." I told him and he nodded.

"This is awkward." He said and I laughed. "I'm a guitarist. I can't help you do this." He told me and I shrugged.

"I'll figure it out I guess." I told him and laughed. "I hate to sound cocky, but I'm actually kind of good at the drums. It comes to me so easily."

"Your not really good at them? Or amazing? Just kind of?" He asked me amused. "Just kind of good?"

"Just kind of." I said and laughed. "I tried guitar but it was too hard. I can't do it. Drums are easier, you hit hit them and stomp your feet." I said and he nodded.

"Your drinks." The guy said as he handed us our mugs. "Your food." He said and have us our plates.

"Thanks man." Michael said and the guy walked away after nodding. I grabbed my fork and then the syrup.

"After this, well go look around and do a little shopping for like food and stuff. We have nothing in our fridge." He said and I laughed while nodding.

"We don't." I agreed and handed the syrup to him after I finished with them. "How long will we be in America again?"

"For a few months." He told me and I nodded as I began to cut into my waffles. "For Christmas, you're coming with me to meet my family and maybe Luke's, if he stops being an asshole."

"That's a lot." I said and he nodded. "I thought... Luke said your family-"

"Doesn't want me around? Yeah, they don't but it's the holidays." He said and I nodded. "It's Christmas, you should be with your family's. Besides, my parents will probably call me because they need help with bills and I'm rich." He said.

"That's not right." I commented and he nodded. "Maybe, if all they want from you is money, you shouldn't go to them. They don't seem like good people and if they just want to use you, you shouldn't associate yourself with them."

"They're my parents, it's their fault I'm even on the earth." He said and I nodded. "I have to help them, it's being a good son. They may not be good parents, but I'm not going to stoop their level."

I nodded and looked at him. "Besides, it's not like I can just crash the other guys' family time because my own are rude. It's not fair." He told me and I nodded. "Plus, spending Christmas alone doesn't sound too fun."

"It doesn't." I agreed and he looked down at his plate. "So you're not going to spend time with the guys for Christmas?"

"I didn't say that. We'll be with them, just not on Christmas day, maybe the one before. We'll exchange gifts, have dinner and stuff, then on the actual day we'll be with out families."

"I see. I see." I said and nodded. "I have to buy you guys a present, Bryana a present, and Jacob a present." I said and he shook his head.

"Not me. You don't have to buy me anything."

"I'm going to do it and you will love it." I said and he laughed while nodding. "Now eat your sausage, we all know how much you love sausage." I said and he laughed harder.

"Shut up."

-

Question of the chapter:

-Are you excited for the next few chapters?

Author's answer:

-I know I am, I think you'll love them. (I hope you love them.)

Reader's answer:

-