Chapter 7

It was an odd feeling in the back of his head that began to pull Peter back into consciousness. It was the buzz that warned him when danger was approaching. The first thing he was able to distinguish was a blur of voices. He kept his eyes closed and did his best not to move so he could listen to what they were saying.

"Come on Bruce, he's out like a light, he won't even know we've taken the blood!" Tony cried, obviously getting annoyed.

"No, Tony. If there is something special about him, we'll just have to ask. You can't just take his blood without his permission! It's not like he's dying and needs a transfusion or anything!" Came Bruce's seemingly calm reply.

"Dammit Bruce. Just move" With his enhanced senses, he heard Bruce give a small grunt as Tony shoved him out of the way, then proceeding to crouch by the couch Peter was resting on. He knew Tony was prepping the syringe, but decided to wait until the last moment.

"Tony-!" Bruce started, but Stark had already stuck the needle in the teenagers arm. He didn't get a chance to do much else because a second later, he was on the floor a few meters back and Peter had sat up, pulling the needle out of his arm, barely noticing the twinge of pain that came from moving his shoulder, which had been thankfully popped back into place.

"Ow!" Tony cried, rubbing the back of his head as he got up, a sour expression on his face. "What the hell, Parker!"

"That wasn't very nice, Tony. We were just attacked by your robots, Tony. So what do you decide to do instead?" Peter grumbled, mostly to himself, but the only other two in the room had heard for the most part.

Bruce shot a glare at the billionaire before crouching by Peter and taking the needle from him. "How are you feeling?" He then asked, after having safely covered the needle and placed it in his pocket for later disposal, knowing Tony would try something with it.

"Alright, for the most part. I mean, robot attack, so considering, I'm doing rather well."

"How's your shoulder? We had to pop it back in while you were out" Bruce then gave a small smile. "You have one mean punch" He finished, absently rubbing his jaw, which Peter now realized was forming a small purpling bruise.

Peter winced. "Sorry, Bruce" Bruce just shook his head and waved away his apology.

"Don't worry about it"

Tony loudly cleared his throat. "Guys, still here!"

Peter smirked, "And your point is?" Tony made a face and rolled his eyes, muttering colourful things under his breath.

"Well, you still have quite a few questions that need to be answered, so you might as well get it over and done with. Everyone else is just outside."

Peter paled, he'd forgotten about that. "How long was I out?" He suddenly asked Bruce.

"Not that long, surprisingly. Only an hour or two. Anyway, Tony's right, for once. Everyone wants to know if you're okay and how you... well, you know..." He said awkwardly. "Come on"

Peter sighed and got up, stumbling slightly in the first few steps and following Bruce out of the room.

As soon as they entered the next room, all conversation suddenly stopped, all eyes on Peter, making him feel very uncomfortable. It appeared that Doctor Cho, had left, but everyone else was still here.

After minutes of unbroken silence, Tony finally spoke up, sipping yet another whiskey as he did. "Well this is productive. Just ask the kid what you need to and we can be done with it, I mean, Jarvis is gone and Ultron is doing whatever it is he's doing."

At Starks words, everyone seemed to snap out of whatever thoughts they were currently in.

Steve was the first to speak. "Right, well..." He began, not really sure what to say. "Why don't we start with a more important question, for Thor's sake? How did you lift his hammer, Peter?"

Peter rubbed the back of his neck. "I uhh... I really don't know how to answer that... I kind of, just did. Erm... yeah..." He looked at their faces, seeing they believed his answer for the most part, but fully knowing that the question wasn't answered. Thor was staring at the teen with a judgmental glare. To be honest, Peter couldn't blame him. It was probably rather upsetting for Thor to find someone else that could wield his hammer, someone that could possibly take his power away from him.

Upon seeing this, Peter felt he had to clarify. "I won't do it again, if I can help it. Before was just an instant reaction, I didn't realise what I'd done until after I'd already done it, then all that other shite went down and well... yeah. By the way, Thor, that thing is heavy, like seriously, it weighs a ton!" He exclaimed, adding the last part mostly to lighten the mood, which it did, earning slightly amused snorts and smiles from a few people in the room. Thors' glare relaxed slightly at this as well.

"Alright, next question. How'd you rip the arms off one of my suits?" Tony asked next. The others nodded and gave hums of agreement.

Peter stayed silent. How was he going to explain that? "Well, I'm just stronger than I look, I guess?" He tried, noticing the expressions of disbelief, as if to say 'Likely story, how'd you really do it'.

"Peter, you're a terrible liar." Steve told him. Peter sighed, but didn't speak again.

"Pete, we all have our secrets, but when you're among us, and you do things like that... We need answers." Agent Hill said.

"I... I can't tell you..." Peter said softly, looking down and subtly moving backwards. He glanced at Bruce, who had that knowing look, as if he knew. This scared Peter, but he was slightly relived that only Bruce seemed to know.

"Peter, son of Parker, why can you not give us this needed information?" Thor suddenly spoke, in his overly loud, booming voice, causing the majority of the room to flinch, including Peter.

Peter began to back off a bit faster out of fear, alerting everyone to the fact that he had been doing so.

"Peter, what are you doing?" Steve asked, a cautious tone entering his voice.

"I have to... um... I have to get back to my Aunt. She'll be worried sick. Yeah, umm. Bye!" and with that he turned and quickly ran towards the exit, taking the stairs instead of the elevator. After a moment he heard several pairs of hurried footsteps attempting to follow him, but he was already halfway down the staircase, having leapt over the railing a couple of times. He could have gotten down much faster had he used his abilities, but he thought it best not to just in case any cameras were watching.

He was out of the building in less than five minutes, and back at his Aunt's house in another fifteen.

Back at the tower, the Avengers and extras looked at each other. "He's hiding something" Clint stated.

"And I intend to find out what." Tony added, before frowning. "Though, it will take a while without Jarvis..."