Chapter 1

There was a loud whooping echoing throughout the streets of New York, followed by a flash of red and blue. The people on the streets looked up and cheered. Spiderman shot a web at a building near him and perched on it, not at all concerned about his side ways angle. He looked down at the people gathering below him, cheering and snapping pictures.

He smirked, although they couldn't see it, and gave a wave, firing a web upwards in the opposite direction. As he flew by, pulled along by the web, he gave a mock salute and flung up into the air. He whooped again doing a backflip sending another web at a building, continuing on his way down the street, his senses told him something was going down.

Meanwhile, as the citizens dispersed, chattering happily about Spiderman's return, one man in particular didn't. Instead, he reached up to his ear and spoke, "Coulson, get the team. I've found us a potential ally" the dark skinned man said in a deep monotone voice. Letting his hand drop from his ear, he continued down the street to his new destination.

Spiderman couldn't help but laugh, he'd done it again. He looked at the man suspended in the air by a line of almost transparent webbing.

"Oh, how I've missed this!" he exclaimed as the robber struggled to free himself. Spiderman's head snapped to his left, watching as the NYPD drove up and got out of their cars, guns drawn. At least half of them froze in shock upon seeing the familiar masked vigilante.

Spiderman wove at them happily, "Hey, officers! Mind helping this guy down? He's in a bit of a sticky situation." He called over to them. He saw a few crack smiles shaking their heads and holstering their guns.

"Nice to have you back, Spiderman" One of them said, walking over to him.

"Good to be back" he replied, getting ready to exit when he remembered something, slapping his forehead. "Oh, and you might want this back" He shot a web at the duffle bag the robber was clinging onto, handing it to the man in front of him a moment later.

"Have a nice day!" Spiderman said, waving again as a web jerked him upwards and away from the officers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later, he found himself sitting on the top of a tower, Stark tower to be precise. He'd dealt with three robberies, five muggings and one house fire. He sighed in content as the sun began to set, he'd missed this. It had even taken his mind away from Gwen, and now, it didn't hurt as much to think about her.

He hadn't been there for very long when his spider senses alerted him to someone coming. He jumped up into his crouch position just in time to see a metal red and gold suit land a couple of meters from him.

"You Spiderman?" The man in the suit asked, somewhat sarcastically.

"Yea, I am. What you want?" he replied, standing up and crossing his arms.

"I want you to come with me and have a chat."

"Nah, I'm good thanks."

"Come on, it's either you come willingly, or I force you."

"Force me? Is that a threat tin can? Tisk, tisk" Spiderman tutted and waved his finger back and forth, shaking his head slightly.

"Wise guy huh. Let's see how good you really are" without a moment's hesitation, Iron Man fired at him with his repulsers several times. But Spiderman was ready. As usual, the world seemed to be in slow motion. He saw the blue beams coming towards him and acrobatically dodged every one, no matter where it was fired or how many at a time.

"Aww, come on tin can, you can do better than that" He taunted smugly. He heard Iron Man growl in frustration before firing again..... and missing.

Iron Man huffed and Spiderman laughed. "Well this has been fun and all-" but he didn't get to finish because Iron Man suddenly lunged at him, not bothering trying to shoot him. Spiderman barrel rolled out of the way and crouched in a fighting stance with one arm raised up behind his head a little. "Bring it tin can." and he did. Spiderman waited until the right moment a jumped into the air, landing on Iron Man's back.

"Get off!" he yelled, going into a spin, attempting to fling the spider off, but Spiderman's 'grip' was too good.

He fired a web and just as he was pulled away, he yelled, "Thanks for the lift!" and was gone.

Iron Man landed back on the roof and huffed.

"Sir, is there any way I may be of assistance?" Jarvis asked.

"Yea, pull up any video feed on all streets and look for that bugboy. And get Cap, it's his turn." He told his AI irritably.

"Yes sir, will do."

Tony had just managed to pour himself a glass of brandy when Jarvis spoke up once again.

"Sir, it appears that Spiderman has walked into a small corner store and has not left."

"How many people have come out that didn't go in?"

"No-one sir"

Tony cussed and took a swig of his brandy. "Well now we're back to square one. Is there any way to track this dude?"

"He appears to like dealing with petty crimes such as robberies and muggings. He has also been known to rescue people out of burning buildings, according to local media reports." Jarvis replied.

"Alright then next time there's one, send Cap or 'Tash to get bugboy."

"Yes sir."

A/N: So what do you think so far? I've got the next few chapter lined up and I'll post one everyday (if I remember) over the next week, but I've only got up to like chapter nine before I gotta write again :)

Leave a comment with your thoughts so far if you want to! :D