Chapter 6

After everyone had left, the Avengers plus Peter, Agent Hill, doctor Cho and Rhodey, decided to have a lovely group chat. Didn't last long. It had only been half an hour and Clint had already demanded to attempt to lift Thor's hammer, failing miserably, but laughing it off anyways. Tony had asked that if he could lift the hammer, whether or not he would be able to rule Asgard, to which Thor had jokingly agreed to. Tony, being who he was, stated he would be a firm but fair ruler. Thankfully, no matter how much he tried to lift Mjolnir, even with the help of Rhodey and the Ironman hands, the thing wouldn't budge.

Then Steve tried. If only Peter had had a camera at that moment. When Steve attempted to lift the hammer, it moved and Thor's face fell. However, he quickly regained his composure and laughed it off with the group when Cap failed to actually lift it. Bruce decided it was best not to bother, considering his alter-ego and Natasha said that it was a question she didn't want answered, taking a swig of her drink.

Then they turned to Peter, who had been content just watching everyone have their turn. It took him a moment to realize all eyes were on him.

"What?" Peter asked, looking around at everybody nervously.

"Come on Pete, it's your turn" Tony said happily, sipping his whiskey.

The teen stuttered, "N-no, its fine, I mean look at me? I'm just some kid-"

"You'll be fiinnneee Pete, come on, we all tried, there's no possible way that you'll look any stupider than we did" Tony stood up, grabbing Peter by the arm and dragged him over to the hammer.

Through his peripheral vision, Peter saw Thor smirk, looking at him expectantly.

"Guys, seriously. I'm really not sure-"Suddenly Peter stopped talking. There was a uncomfortable tingling in the back of his head. It quickly increased, to the point where Peter went stiff as a board and looked around the room. His spidey sense was going haywire.

Bruce noticed his tension and was the first to speak up. "Peter? What's wrong?"

Peter opened his mouth to answer when they all heard the loud clanging on metal on tiles. All of the others in the room slowly turned around, standing up.

There was a robot lumbering towards them. It was leaking oil and it was missing half its metal plating and its arms were a mess of wires and cables.

"Why do you even bother? How could you be worthy?" It asked with an unexpectedly deep voice.

"Jarvis, one of the bots are malfunctioning." Tony said, into a small device in his hand. "Jarvis?"

The robot continued, "Had to kill the other guy..." He mumbled, looking around the room jerkily.

"Who did you kill?" Steve asked, reaching for his shield. Peter heard the click of a pistol, seeing Natasha and Hill slowly rising to their feet, guns drawn. Clint was discreetly notching an arrow.

The robot then began rambling about something, but Peter wasn't paying attention. His spidey sense was going off again, but it wasn't all coming from the defective bot in front of them.

"Guys..." He mumbled. Bruce glanced in his direction, seeing his uneasy expression.

"Who are you?" Tony demanded forcefully.

There was what sounded like a tape rewinding, before Tony's voice emitted from the robot.

"I see a suit of armor around the world..." It looked back up at them.

Bruce looked scared. "Ultron..."

"In the flesh"

Everyone but Tony, Peter and Bruce cast confused glances at each other. But before anymore could be said, Peter's spider sense screamed at him and then he heard it.

"Watch out!" Peter yelled before he could stop himself. Everyone's heads instantly went to look in his direction, just as two more robots came crashing through the wall.

Before Peter even knew what he was doing, he had gripped Mjolnir, swung it back around his head once and at great physical cost, hurled it at Ultron.

Gunshots began to resonate throughout the room and Peter was forced to ignore the howling agony in his shoulder. His spider sense was going haywire. Peter's world slowed down in the chaos around him. He looked around, needing to decide his best course of action. Everyone seemed to be handling themselves pretty well, until one of the robots started focusing on Bruce and Natasha. He saw them launch themselves behind the bar, shards of glass hovering everywhere.

With unnatural speed, Peter raced towards them as they made a dash for the stairs. He crept up behind the bot and jumped onto its back, wrapping his legs around its torso and grabbing its arms and twisting them viciously backwards, and back up, groaning at the stress he was putting his shoulder through.

He was satisfied when the shoulder joints in the robots arms started to spark and crack, becoming useless. He quickly released his hold on the arms, once its repulsers stopped firing of course, and began pulling back on its head. It finally came to its senses and flew backwards, crashing Peter into the wall behind them.

Peter shook his head through the tiny dizzy spell and harsh jarring of his shoulder and began to pull harder, managing to shift his weight and force the robot to drift away from the wall.

With one final cry of pain, he twisted himself around it, bringing it's head around with him. He yanked one last time on the robots head, ripping it off. Peter barely had time to take a breath when he suddenly felt his head hit the floor and the crushing weight of the robot on his chest.

Peter lay there catching his breath and becoming increasingly aware of the unusual pain in his chest, making it hard to breathe. He gave a huff of annoyance, attempting to heave the dead weight to the side with his good arm, unable to bear the throbbing in his other should any longer.

He pushed himself upright, leaning all his weight on his right arm. After a moment, the light wave a dizziness subsided and he was suddenly aware of the slight tingle in the back of his head. He looked up to see Hill with a gun aimed towards him and everyone else staring at him with mixed expressions.

Peter gave a start with a wide eyed expression, cradling his arm across his chest. "Wh-what'd I d-do this ti-time?" He wheezed, looking at them all in confusion.

"How'd you do that?" Natasha asked, eyeing him carefully.

"Do what?" He replied innocently.

"Rip apart one of my robots with nothing but your bare hands. Here I was thinking only Spangles over 'ere could do something like that." Tony said, taking a few steps forward.

Peter internally cursed, looking down in hopes he could think of some excuse.

"And Young Peter, might I ask how you have managed to wield the mighty Mjolnir?" Thor half demanded.

"Well?" Hill prompted.

Peter kept his head down, starting to find it was properly getting difficult to breathe. He felt his elbow give out and his body fall back to the floor, spots starting to dance across his vision. As he lay on his back he vaguely saw Bruce grab his shoulders, quickly letting go when Peter gave a sharp hiss of pain.

The last thing he could make out was Bruce's face in front of his, attempting to speak to him when his world blurred and faded to black.