Chapter 4

Needless to say, Aunt May was ecstatic. The collage Peter was currently at wasn't the greatest but if he did this thing at Stark tower he could probably go to any he wanted practically free of charge.

"Oh, Peter! I'm so proud of you" She exclaimed, patting down his good clothes- he hated suits with a passion and refused to wear one much to his Aunts protest. "Now, be good and do the best you can, alright?" She said firmly, almost glaring at Peter to dare oppose her.

"Aunt May stop worrying! It'll be fine, I doubt I'll screw up that much" Peter replied grabbing her hands to stop her fussing. "Love you" planting a quick kiss on her forehead he took off out of the house before she could do anything else to him.

He rode silently along on his skateboard, looking quite odd considering he was wearing such good clothes, but couldn't really care less. His mind was too focused on why he was actually getting the short term job thingy or whatever. Was it possible they wanted to ask if he was Spiderman?

He had basically given them his name so he really shouldn't be surprised, He'd have to be careful, he couldn't just leave suddenly to be Spiderman, and if they were smart enough they'd catch on. He still kind of didn't want them to find out who he is, he'd done so well at hiding who he was from the world. There were only four people who knew who he was. Connors was in prison and doesn't want anyone to know who Peter is. Harry was also locked up, probably keeping it to himself so when he got out he could come after Peter himself. And the only other two were- they were.... Dead.

Peter shook those thoughts from his head and continued to swerve around a fairly thin crowd of people- for New York's standards at least. He looked up as he drifted along, seeing the two familiar buildings looming in the distance. About a block from where he was, was Stark Tower and just visible a ways behind it was Oscorp. Ignoring the memories that came with that horrid place, he leant back on his skateboard and picked it up, walking the rest of the way and into the tower lobby, stashing his skateboard in his backpack as he did.

Peter strolled up to the receptionist, taking in how everything was rather posh and all the visible cameras and hidden security measures he knew would be there.

As he approached, she looked up and raised a brow, "Can I help you?"

Peter snapped his gaze towards her, and swallowed nervously. "Uhh, ye-yeah, I'm here to see Doctor Banner? He told me to come by at ten today"

She didn't look convinced. "Uh huh. And you would be?"

"Peter. Peter Parker"

She huffed a sigh and began typing into the computer, presumably checking for any mention of him. Her eyes widened slightly, double taking him and the screen, picking up the phone and pressing a button.

There was a pause before Peter heard the voice of a British male answer, he couldn't understand what he was saying completely, not that he was really paying attention anyway.

"Jarvis, please tell Doctor Banner there's a Peter Parker here to see him" She said clearly, before hanging up a moment later.

"Please take the elevator up to the Labs, You'll find Doctor Banner there"

Peter nodded and turned to leave before remembering something, turning back to the lady, "Uhh, what floor?"

She simply smiled, "You don't need one, Jarvis is expecting you. Now hurry off, I'm busy."

Peter frowned slightly and slowly turned away and walked to the elevator, pressing the button to call it down. He had waited less than a minute when the doors slowly slide open and he stepped inside. The doors closed and he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do, there were no buttons for floors.