Chapter 28

Chapter 28: Jake and Austin's dinner date. Part 1: the afternoon

-Jake-
I had just said bye to Danae. She told me she was going to go talk to kitten. I wonder how the little fluffbucket is doing. Anyway, back to the story at hand.

I was waking down the sidewalk, paws in my pockets. There was a nice, gentle breeze that felt relaxing as you moved against it. You can feel it ruffle smoothly through your fur. It's quite amazing really. I love nature for that.

I was heading over to Austin's house. I can't believe he and I have been together for two weeks already. Time flies when you have fun. To all you perverts, no we haven't done it yet. I don't feel really comfortable with it yet. I still want our relationship to build more.

I had planned on a special kind of night for us. I was first gonna take him out to dinner, then catch a movie, then I would go to his house or he'd come to mine and we'd hang out until we passed out in each other's arms.

As I was walking, I remembered that Luke's boyfriend was playing. I pulled my phone out and checked furred-sports-center. It didn't pull up the score immediately, just a video with Chase. There was no title to the video so I was a bit concerned. I was thinking he broke or tore something.

I click on the video and I couldn't believe what I saw. Chase asked Luke to go to the homecoming dance with him in the sweetest way possible. He even gave Luke his favorite kind of flower.

I almost died of cuteness. Danae says how we set the bar high on cuteness, but Chase just took the bar and shattered the scale. If only she saw this.

I save the video to my phone, to show kitten later. I know he'd like to see it. So would Austin.

I arrive at his house moments later. I'm answered by a hug and a kiss. "Hey, babe. Nice to see you. Did you catch the game?" Austin asked me.

"No but I saw a video."

"I know. Chase did it so perfectly. I'm honestly surprised his teammates didn't care about it."

"Well, when the best asset of the team wants to do something, usually most furs on the team would do as he says."

"Yeah. I suppose that's true."

"Should we crash their homecoming?"

"Nah. How about we let them be for the night. Also, we don't even go to their college." I chuckle, poking Austin's nose. He sneezes.

"Dammit, you know I always sneeze when someone pokes my nose."

I'm laughing. "Yeah. That's exactly why I do it. You're sneezes are adorable." His sneezes are like a kitten's, only a little louder. His ears also do a weird twitch but it's fun watching that.

Austin invites me in. I get in only five steps before I'm tackled from behind onto his carpeting. "Ahh!" I yell, not expecting the tackle.

Austin giggles and nuzzles the back of my neck. "I missed you." He says in his innocent voice.

"I missed you too you sneaky devil." He wraps his wing around the both of us. I snuggle onto him. "Can we go to your bedroom and cuddle? It's more comfortable."

He nods and picks me up, carrying me to his room. He sets me down on top of him as he lays down, then wrapping his wings around us. I give him a lover'a kiss and then snuggle under his chin. He scratches my back and I start to murr.

My back is my weakpoint. You scratch it and I melt. I love being scratched on the back, especially how Austin does it. It feels like I've gone to heaven. Oh well, that's as close as I'll ever get to heaven if what those judgemental assholes say is true.