Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Old Pals, Old Lovers... And A New Relationship?

-Luke-
"Hey, buddy. I see you finally woken up," said a voice.

I turn and I see a black and red wolf standing next to my bed. I take a look into his red eyes and then, I immediately recognized him.

"Jake! Nice to see you again, old buddy!"

He laughed, "As soon as Kristina told me you woke up, I had to make a special trip here."

"So how has your life been since high school?"

"It's gone fairly well. I found some new friends, and I have one absolutely amazing guy."

I knew Jake was gay. He came out to me in high school and we may or may not have dated back then. We both decided to be better off as friends in the end.

"Good for you, Jake," I say.

"Your boyfriend is really cute by the way. He is extremely loyal too."

I laugh, "Thanks. I'm guessing your crush is a German shepherd?"

"H-how did you know?"

"I know you have always had a special thing towards German shepherds. I think it was solidified after one saved us senior year."

"Yeah," he laughed, "Austin is really nice."

"Oh, so his name is Austin? That makes it even more adorable."

"So how long are you in here again?" he asked, trying to change the subject.

"A couple more weeks. It's getting pretty lonely in here. Chase has classes, football practice, and work he's gotta do throughout the week. I feel sorry for him."

"Damn, he's a busy guy. How are you two going to make it work?"

"The only thing we can do is cuddle for the night."

"Well, that's good. I still haven't told Austin exactly how I feel yet."

"Quit being a baby and go for it."

"And how exactly did you and Chase start dating?"

"Well, he came out to me."

"Yeah, uh huh, be quiet. You've got no room to talk."

"You know damn well it was I who asked you out back in high school."

Jake looked like he was about to say something, but he shut his muzzle. "You got me there."

"Yeah, I do honestly miss those high school days. Kristina, you and I. It was fun with the three of us."

"If only I could remember that German shepherd who saved us," Jake said.

"School ended just before you could ask him out."

"It sucked. But I moved on to a good college, met some really nice people, and having my adventure. Yours is only beginning, dude. As soon as you get out of the hospital, I assume you would have to stay home. Am I wrong?"

"No, no you aren't."

"Chase will stay home then, with the exception of football practice, to take care of his adorable fluffbucket."

"He called me that when I was out?"

"Something along those lines. I can't remember exactly what. I'm just gonna call you adorable fluffbucket."

"I'm not that adorable."

"Of course you are. We all know damn well Chase thinks you are. That's what counts."