Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Back to School pt. 2

-Luke-
"Well, what all did he do that you think is going to far?" Samantha asked.

"First of all, he didn't let me leave his sight. He would walk with me everywhere and he moved his seat closer to me."

"Wow. That is just overprotectiveness. Don't worry about it. I don't think he likes you in that way, especially with you dating Chase."

I sat at the table and continued to think about it. Maybe she was right. Maybe there really is nothing to worry about and Simba is just being overprotective of me for Chase's sake.

I decided to grab a granola bar that we had stored in a cabinet. I could use something to help me focus and think.

There was a knock on the door a few minutes later. I was a bit annoyed. I sighed, rolled my eyes, and opened it.

"Did I come at a bad time?" Jake asked, noticing my annoyed look, causing him to have his ears drop and tail to go down.

"No, no, it's fine. Come on in."

I opened the door all the way and moved so he could come in.

"So what's up?" Jake asked.

"Just working on some school work," I said, pointing to that massive pile of shit I call schoolwork.

"Holy shit," Jake gasped. He definitely had a look of surprise on his face.

"Yeah, that's all my missed work."

"At least they are letting you make it up. I hear some colleges don't allow that."

I shrug in response. I guess I should count myself lucky I get to make it up.

"I dunno. So what brings you here?"

"Kitten, X, and Brandon are on a cruise and Austin had things he needed to get done, so I was alone."

"What about Danae and Ashely?" I ask with a curious look on my face.

"Danae is in London and I have no clue where Ashely went."

"Well, at least Austin is still around."

"Yeah, he and I still do things from time to time," he laughed.

I joined in on the laughter. "Well, I'm here until 4, you can hang out here I guess."

Samantha came out of her room. She waved. "oh, hi Jake."

"Hey," he said back.

I went back to the table and continued to get to work on my things. Some of these weren't hard. Others, I had to look up lessons on how to do them or figure out all the information required.

Jake pitched in and helped me from time to time. Luckily for me, he took chemistry, so he remembers most of the things.

Jake got a text from Austin. "Umm, Luke? Is it alright if Austin comes over?"

"Yeah, I don't care."

His look of fearful disappointment turned to joy. He hugged me with his tail wagging and texted who I assume was Austin. "Thank you, Luke."

I laughed. "No problem, buddy."

"Well, I'm gonna go. I have a class I need to get to," Samantha said, gathering her things. She put on her book-bag and left.

"Luke, what happened to your eye?"

"Some guy punched me."

Jake now had a worried look on his face. He came and hugged me. I think he had tears coming from his eyes.