Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Back to School

-Luke-
Today is the day we finally get back to school. Chase had a speedy recovery, so he was only out for a few days. The trainers still won't let him go to football practice until he had fully recovered, though.

I woke up in Chase's loving, secure arms and shut the alarm off. I kissed his forehead.

"Come on, babe. Time to get up."

He groaned, of course. "I don't wanna."

"You're going to have to. We've already missed so much. It's gonna be a bitch to try and catch up."

"The doctor sent a note in, I have a longer period of time to catch up."

"But the excuse days are over. I'll be in the kitchen making your favorite."

"Bacon, grits, and eggs?"

"Just the way you like them. The only way you'll get them is if you get up and help me out," I laughed.

He rolled over and flopped out of bed. We both got dressed and finished getting ready to go before heading into the kitchen.

When we got into the kitchen, Samantha was already taking care of breakfast for us.

"You didn't have to," I said.

"It's not a problem, I used to cook massive dinners for our family gatherings. Also, at my job, I'm not just a hostess."

"Oh wow. Impressive," Chase said.

She set two plates down at the table and cleaned up the kitchen. "You two get to eating and as soon as I'm done here, I'm heading to class."

We started digging in. She did an amazing job. She cooked it exactly how I would have done it. "Just a question before you go."

She stopped just before heading out the door. "What's up."

"How did you figure out how to cook everything like I would have?"

She laughed. "Dude, I've been living with you guys for a little over a week. That isn't hard to figure out."

With that, she was out the door. Chase and I finished eating and went our separate ways.

I gathered my things and prepared myself for the first day back to class. I tried to keep myself in the closet for college, but now, everyone knows about Chase and I.

When I was walking to class, I received stares and glares from other furs, until I found one welcoming fur.

"Hey Luke, ready to knock out the first class of the day?" Kristina said as she came towards me.

"I don't really have a choice, now do I. Where's Simba?"

"Already went to his class."

We made it to our first class on time. I was taking notes on the lesson while the teacher piled all of my missed work on my desk.

"Mr. Smith, I expect all of this back by the end of the month."

"Yes, sir."

The end of the month. That's three weeks away. I've got plenty of time, but I also have other class work to deal with. I'm not gonna have much time to spend with Chase. Well, at least we can still cuddle together.

I continued taking notes. A paper ball hit me on the back of the head. I picked it up and opened it.

Go to hell, faggot, read the paper.

'Here we go again,' I said to myself.

Kristina saw who threw the paper and read what it said. She didn't take it well. She grabbed the kid by the collar of his shirt.