California

A day after we had gotten to my place in California, it had felt nice to sleep in for once. Once I had woken up, I noticed the firm grip that Dean's arm had on my waist, while his face was buried in my neck. I laugh to myself before trying to move, and that only makes him move and mumble in his sleep and his grip seemed to get tighter on me. I turned my head to look at the clock, and it wasn't too early in the morning and it wasn't too late. I figure I would get up and make breakfast while I let him sleep, but moving from the bed proved to be a challenge in itself. I carefully take his arm and move it from my waist and then slowly move from the bed. When I do, he moves and I freeze for a moment, thinking I woke him. But once I see him turn onto his other side, his back to me, I breathed a sigh of relief. I then quietly left the bedroom and went down the hall to the bathroom, before heading downstairs to the kitchen to start making breakfast. I go about my usual routine whenever I make breakfast, and that's turning the TV on, since the living room was so close to the kitchen. I of course keep it at a reasonable volume so I don't wake Dean. Once that's on, I start breakfast. When it really starts cooking and the aroma travel through the house. It isn't long after that where I hear footsteps on the stairs and the creak of the railing, and I know then that Dean was awake.

Even though I know he's awake, I act like I don't know and continue to finish up making breakfast. I hear him yawn and groan as he stretches, before he comes over to me and wraps his arms around me from behind and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"Could smell that all the way upstairs. Smells great."

"I knew that if I didn't wake you up when I left the room, then the smell of the food would wake you." I laugh.

"Did you really have to get up though?" He asks as he then buries his face in my neck.

I pause for a minute before answering. "I was hungry and I figured you would be too. So, yes I had to get up."

"I wish you didn't have to, I was comfortable."

"Well, I apologize. Everything is almost done, if you'd let me finish, the quicker we can get to eating and then start our day."

"I have to let you go?"

"If you want to eat, yes."

"If you say so." He pouts, reluctantly letting me go.

"You have all day to be cuddly you know." I laugh, as he goes and sits down on the couch.

"I know, but I was hoping to be cuddly this morning."

"After we eat. Sound like a plan?"

"Deal."

I shake my head amusedly, before preparing two plates and then carrying those out to the living room and place them down on the table in front of the couch. I head back to get drinks before coming back and sitting down. Of course Dean had already gotten into the food when I had walked off to get the drinks.

"This tastes just as great as it smells."

"Good to know. I'm glad though. Not the only thing I cook though. You should taste what I cook for desserts."

That causes him to stop eating and just give me a look.

"Desserts?"

"Oh yeah, everyone raves about them. I bring them to the shows when I can. I have some already in the fridge. And no, you can't have any. They're for later."

"Awww."

"You can wait a few hours." I laugh, as I start to dig into the food on my plate.

"That was good." He remarks after he finishes before me.